It’s an average day at the gym. Pushup here, squat there, maybe a little run. Nothing special, just another sweat session.
And then you hear it. A familiar beat coming through your headphones. Instantly you have a surge of energy. Unstoppable, you power through every workout drill harder, better, stronger than you ever have before. Its as if someone flipped the switch and turned you ON. Completely focused you are in the “training zone”.
Musical moments like this can transform average workouts into mind-blowing sweat sessions. I call these special songs, “power jams” and use them on my playlists to motivate and inspire my workouts into action.
Cold, winter weather and the busy holiday season can make it hard to stay motivated to train. Thats when you need the power jam secret sauce to keep your spirits up and your body movin.
If you’ve been doing the same iPod shuffle every time you hit the gym or your workouts have become un-motivating, Its time to PUMP UP THE JAMS. Ive put together a list of Caroline Jordan Fitness Power Jam Hits to bring out your inner athlete. Excuse proof your workouts by putting these songs on your playlists. Turn it up and BRING IT ON. Its training time.
Caroline Jordan Fitness Power Jams – The “Secret Sauce” To Your Training.
Disclaimer: It can be difficult to quantify such a list of top workout songs, because everyone has different tastes and opinions. Thats why I asked YOU via the facebook page to put in your requests and tell me what your favorite workout songs are no matter the speed, genre, or artist. After many different responses I put together an eclectic mix of some top picks. All the songs might not be your personal choice, but hopefully you’ll get a few unique song ideas to power your training!
- REPUBLICA – Ready To Go – U.S. Mix
- 2 UNLIMITED – Get Ready for This
- AC/DC – Thunderstruck
- FLUKE – Absurd
- BEASTIE BOYS – Sabatoge (YouTube)
- BLACK EYED PEAS – Hey Mama (YouTube)
- BLACK EYED PEAS – Pump It (YouTube)
- BRONSKI BEAT – Smalltown Boy
- LMFAO – Sexy and I Know It
- LMFAO – Party Rock
- BODY ROCKERS – I Like The Way You Move (YouTube)
- C & C MUSIC FACTORY – Everybody Dance Now (YouTube)
- KERNKRAFT – Zombie Nation Remix
- HOUSE OF PAIN – Jump Around
- DAFT PUNK – Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (YouTube)
- DAFT PUNK – Technologic (YouTube)
- DANZEL – Pump It Up (YouTube)
- DARUDE – Sandstorm – Best Techno Club Mix (YouTube)
- ELVIS vs JXL – Little Less Conversation (YouTube)
- EMINEM – Lose Yourself (YouTube)
- TIMBALAND – Oh Timbaland
- FATBOY SLIM – The Rockafeller Skank (YouTube)
- MICHAEL SAMBELLO – Maniac
- OK GO – Here it goes again
- FRANZ FERDINAND – Take Me Out (YouTube)
- GNARLS BARKLEY – Crazy (YouTube)
- JAY-Z and LINKIN PARK: Numb / Encore
- ERIC PYREZ – Call On Me
- ADELE – Rolling In the Deep (Joe Maz Of Disco Tec Remix)
- ICE CUBE – You Can Do It (YouTube)
- CHEMICAL BROTHERS – Block Rockin Beats
- INXS – Pretty Vegas (YouTube)
- SNOOP DOGG + DAVID GUETTA: Sweat Remix
- JENNIFER LOPEZ – Let’s Get Loud (YouTube)
- JET – Are You Gonna Be My Girl (YouTube)
- JIMMY EAT WORLD – The Middle (YouTube)
- JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Sexy Back (YouTube)
- KELIS – My Milkshake (YouTube)
- KILLERS – All these things that Ive done
- KYLE MINOGUE – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head (YouTube)
- KID CUDI ft. JIM JONES – Day and Night Remix
- LINKIN PARK – One Step Closer (YouTube)
- JOHN LEGEND FEAT ANDRE 3000 – Green Light
- FORT MINOR – Remember the name
- MADONNA – Die Another Die (YouTube)
- MADONNA – Give it to me
- MOBY – Bittersweet Symphony Remix (YouTube)
- THE PRODIGY – Mindfields
- MUSE – Stockholm Syndrome (YouTube)
- NITTY – Nasty Girl (YouTube)
- NO DOUBT – Spiderwebs (YouTube)
- NO DOUBT – Running (YouTube)
- OUTKAST – Hey Ya! (YouTube)
- LENNY KRAVITZ – American Woman
- YVES LA ROCK – Rise Up
- RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE – Know Your Enemy (YouTube)
- RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS – Can’t Stop (YouTube)
- JUSTS BOYZ – Hey
- RIHANNA – S.O.S. – Rescue Me (YouTube)
- SALIVA – Click Click Boom (YouTube)
- SCOOTER – Faster Harder Scooter (YouTube)
- SEAN PAUL – Get Busy (YouTube)
- SEAN PAUL – Temperature (YouTube)
- SHAGGY – I like To Move It Move It (YouTube) YES. Love this one!
- LADY GAGA – The ENTIRE “The Fame” Album (anything works well in my opinion.)
- SIR MIX A LOT – Baby’s Got Back – I Like Big Butts (YouTube)
- SNOOP DOGG – I Wanna Rock
- SNAP – I’ve Got The Power (YouTube)
- TAG TEAM – Whoomp! There It Is (YouTube)
- TECHNOTRONIC – Pump Up The Jam (YouTube)
- TEDDYBEARS STOCKHOLM & MAD COBRA – Cobrastyle (YouTube)
- TOM PETTY – Running Down A Dream (YouTube)
- TRAPT – Headstrong (YouTube)
- MIKE POSNER – Cooler Than Me
- TYKWER/KLIMEK/HEIL – Lola Rennt – Run Lola Run (YouTube)
- U2 – Elevation (YouTube)
- KINGS OF LEON – Use Somebody Chew Fu Festival Mix
- WILL SMITH – Getting Jiggy With It
- BOB MARLEY – Im A Rainbow Too (Fatboy Slim Remix)
What song would you add to the list ? Send me YOUR request by leaving a comment below with a song suggestion. Together we can share the “secret sauce” to great training – MUSIC that MOVES you!
Update on the November Challenge: The Gratitude Journal. This months challenge has been a life changer for me. I have loved keeping a daily journal of gratitude. It has allowed me to see the world through the positive and find JOY in every moment. Wanted to share a few entries from the pages of my gratitude diary, thought some of them might make you smile 🙂
- M2 Revolution. Coach Michael McCormack has been a beautiful gift to my life. The M2 Studio is an inspiring place to work, every day I feel fortunate to have found it. THANK YOU Michael for the inspiration, training location, and the incredible ANTI- Gravity Treadmill!
- Sweet potatoes. Any dish with a sweet potato is a hit with me. Just tried this recipe without the soymilk – it was incredible.
- Friends with cars who share rides with me – THANK YOU from saving me from rainy days in the city!
- The POOL. My “moving meditation”. It might take me FOREVER sometimes to jump in, but once im moving im in HEAVEN.
- SF Custom Chiropractic. I was dealing with a nagging neck pain issue that was disrupting my lifestyle. Dr. Adam Jacobs and his team have helped me come back to 100%. I am pain free and smiling 🙂
- The OK GO Treadmill Music Video. Its impossible NOT to smile. Watch NOW.
- My Mom. Every day I am grateful to have such an inspiring woman as my parent. She has always encouraged me to go for my dreams and supported me every step of the way. Thanks to her I began the gratitude journal – it has been a wonderful challenge and has made my life more joyful.
More to come next week! What are you grateful for this month? Have you tried keeping a gratitude journal?
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!! Sick of the cold, dreary winter weather? I am planning my very first wellness retreat in Maui, HAWAII in FEBRUARY. Enjoy paradise with good people at one of Maui’s most renowned resorts. Celebrate living a healthy life with fitness, fun, and SUN. Email me at email@example.com if you are interested in joining me for this exclusive getaway. ALOHA HAWAII here WE COME!!
Thank you for being an incredible fitness family. Hope to see you this week for a pre-holiday workout to good music!!
Other Things To check Out This week:
- Workout tips, inspiration, and community! Join me on facebook.
- Winter Workout Ideas – Challenge yourself by mixing it up!
- Foot Exercises to help keep your feet HEALTHY!