1.) Caroline Jordan Fitness Schedule and Special Events December 19th-25th:
Wednesday 12/22: 5:30pm Competition Core and 6pm Chisel’d EQUINOX.
Thursday 12/23: 12:30pm Cycling EQUINOX .
Friday 12/24 and Saturday 12/25 I’m off and going home to Davis – HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!
Find more information on specific club locations by clicking on the links included above.
Give yourself the gift of HEALTH this Holiday Season with PERSONAL TRAINING. Programs are carefully tailored to fit the unique fitness needs of each client and combined with lifestyle coaching for complete health and happiness. With constant support, encouragement, and guidance…. you CAN and WILL achieve wellness. MAKE IT THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS FEELING YOUR BEST. Don’t wait till next year to be healthier: Contact Me for details.
For other wonderful community fitness events, check out the lululemon athletica Grant Avenue community online SCHEDULE.
2.) Fearless Fitness Tip Of the Week: Holiday Vacation Fitness… Don’t leave home without it!
Do you usually forget to pack your fitness routine when you leave for holiday vacation? For most of us, healthy eating and exercising are the first things to go when we take time off and enjoy it. But cutting loose for a trip can become a huge set back in your quest to get fit. Vacations should be a time to refresh, re-energize, and relax – not an excuse to take a break from your health. Being healthy is a year-round gig, so don’t drop the ball when vacation time hits. If you aren’t currently exercising, use your vacation as a time to try new activities—like skiing or taking a dance class—rather than use it as a reason not to exercise. Look at your vacation as a chance to set some new wellness goals for yourself or mix up your current fitness routine. Most importantly, just keep MOVING! Read below for a few tips on how to travel and stay fit.
Stay in Shape on your trip with these healthy tips:
- Do your Research. Before leaving on your trip do a little research on fitness options at your planned destination. Does your hotel have a gym? Are there fun fitness opportunities or active adventures to sign up for? Have a list of hikes, trails, activities, or fitness options available at your vacation destination. When planning your trip, opt for locations that will allow you to engage in the physical activities you enjoy. Make a daily vacation itinerary and plan to incorporate these into the schedule. Regular physical activity is the key to enjoying your vacation time without bringing home extra weight on your return.
- Figure Out What Motivates You. Knowing what keeps you motivated to stay in shape while traveling will help you stick with it. Do you love your morning jog? Bring your running shoes. Enjoy the stationary bike? Try to find a hotel gym. Love yoga classes? Research studios and available classes at your vacation destination. By simply knowing what keeps your fitness going – you’ll be more motivated to stick with it while on your trip.
- Be a workout early bird. Don’t miss out on fun vacation plans because you are stuck at the gym. Instead get to the hotel gym in the morning to workout or take a class while everyone else is still asleep. You’ll be energized and ready for a fun vacation day of play!
- Explore! Make sure to explore some of the outdoor attractions wherever you’re visiting— this will guarantee extra calorie burn while sightseeing. Take every opportunity to walk and enjoy the sights. This way you’ll be able to see the beautiful surroundings of your location more intimately than if you were driving.
- Pack to Play. When preparing for your trip make a packing list of the fitness items needed to stay active. There’s no need to overload your suitcase with workout gear, but do pack a couple of workout outfits and appropriate footwear. Make sure to bring extra socks, a swimsuit, and a few fitness outfits that work for the weather expected on your trip.
- Make Your hotel Room Your Personal Gym. If you’re limited on workout opportunities during your stay, bring your gym in your suitcase. You can easily get a full body workout with resistance bands or simply utilize hotel room furniture as gym equipment. A chair can easily be used for triceps dips and a strong table is the perfect place for step-ups. A jump rope is also a light tool to pack and a great way to incorporate cardio. If your hotel has a lot of levels, take the stairs and make them into a serious stepping workout. Climbing up and down all the flights will get your heart rate up and your butt in great shape!
- Listen to Your Body. If you don’t have time to work out (or you’re exhausted/don’t feel well), don’t worry about it. You’re on holiday! Make up for it with extra walking and making healthy food choices.
- Snack Smart. Pack LOTS of snacks and a few empty water bottles to fill up and carry around with you. Not only does this save money, but also prevents random unhealthy snacking throughout the day.
- Be Restaurant Savvy. When dining out, make every effort to have your food prepared as healthfully as possible. Grilled, baked or roasted foods (without added butter) are great and always get a leafy and veggie-filled salad or broth-based soup to go with your meal. Since you ARE on vacation, indulgences are sometimes necessary but try to limit them to things you would otherwise not be able to have. For example, a frozen dessert that was store-bought and sat in the restaurant’s fridge/freezer all day is not worth it.. while a fresh-made treat (that you’ll never have again) definitely deserves a few bites.
- Don’t Give Up! Most importantly, if you fall off the wagon, get right back on. No need to beat yourself up about a super rich and indulgent meal or a couple of sedentary days. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not going to make a difference— whether or not you had an awesome time and a memorable trip is what counts.
Taking a week off probably won’t make much of a difference but, after 3-5 weeks, your aerobic power can decline 5-10 %. Don’t let the ball slip – stay active while on your trip! Getting away from reality is good for the mind, spirit, and body. A holiday vacation is the perfect time to refresh your fitness routine and learn new ways to enjoy moving. On your next trip, challenge yourself to explore new activities and healthy habits. You’ll have a great time and enjoy an invigorating, stress free holiday vacation!
3. FEARLESS FITNESS CHALLENGE of the week: FIT fitness IN this holiday!
Headed home this holiday season? Or taking a well-deserved winter vacation? PLAN ahead and prepare to stay in shape while you travel.Here’s what I pack when I take a trip:
Caroline’s “In SHAPE” suitcase must haves:
-weather appropriate workout clothes – dont forget socks!
-bathing suit, cap, goggles
–Workout podcasts. I love the NIKE coaching workouts offered online at iTunes. 30-45 minute “SPORT MIXES” are special coaching mixes with music and voice over instruction from athletes such as marathon legend (and personal favorite!) Kara Goucher. There are many great walk/run/strength training workouts you can do ANYWHERE. My favorites are Serena Williams “Interval Run” and Ok Go’s “Master the Treadmill” Mix. Here’s the link to another one of my favorites “Anywhere Anytime: Outdoor Conditioning” workouts – Stacey Lei Krauss is fabulous!
– Workout DVDs /Videos. Prefer to do your workouts WITH someone while on vacation?! No problem! Check out my online workout videos and stay fit with me while traveling. These 10 minute “Take with you Anywhere” videos are perfect for when you are short on time or want to fit a quick sweat session in. Do them in the morning before your “busy” day of holiday vacationing begins! You can find all of my videos at my online Youtube Channel. Let me know what you think!
Staying fit on vacation doesn’t need to be stressful or crazy. Keeping up with a modified fitness routine will give you more energy to enjoy traveling! Plan ahead, set realistic goals, and keep yourself and your suitcase in great SHAPE!
Heres to a HAPPY HOLIDAY and safe travels! ENJOY and get ready for a ROCKIN New Year!
Check back next week for goal setting tips for a STRONG, HEALTHY, and FABULOUS 2011. This is YOUR year to reach your goals and SO much more. See you in class this week – lets celebrate our HEALTH with fitness!
Merry Fitness Everybody!