Give your diet a healthy boost with these simple green juice detox recipes!
Health Benefits of Green Juice:
- Green juice is loaded with amino acids (the building blocks of protein), minerals, vitamins, fiber & chlorophyll. They provide loads of anti-oxidants which helps improve the function of all of the body’s functions. Juicing helps fill the gap for people that many be deficient in certain nutrients they are not getting from foods.
- The nutrients from juices are easily absorbed by the body. When we consume the fresh juice it requires little digestion, which means all it nutritional goodness gets rapidly absorbed into your system.
- Juicing allows you to consume a larger portion of vegetables and fruit in an efficient manner in one day. Lets be honest most of us could benefit from more fresh fruits and vegetables!
- Improved nutrition from green juices helps enhance digestion
- Green juice provides our bodies with lots of enzymes to stay strong and healthy and that it helps with glowing skin, hair, and nails.
- Aids in improved energy levels from quality nutrition.
- Juices help build your immune system. Seeing as nutrition plays an important role in protecting us from those nasty seasonal viruses, there is no better way to help support and strengthen our immunity than by extracting delicious and nutritious nourishment from your favorite vegetables and fruits.
- Studies have shown drinking green juice can aid in weight loss and reduce cravings.
How to Make Green Juice and Smoothies
As with most things, there is no perfect way to blend up a green juice drink. Depending on your preferences and the seasonal produce available, your green juice will differ from batch to batch. The options are endless when making a green juice or a green smoothie. When you juice you are extracting the pure liquid from the fruits and vegetables that you juice. There is no fiber. When you make smoothies the entire fruit or vegetable is used so you are also consuming the fiber. Smoothies are more filling than juice, but either way you can’t go wrong blending something up! Here are a few helpful pointers on experimenting with the right juice for you:
Be fresh. Always use fresh, seasonal produce – and aim for organic when possible.
Go dark. The darker the leafy greens, the richer they are in nutrients. So, experiment with chard, kale, spinach and more!
Clean up. Not only should you make sure your vegetables are clean before making your green juice, but also be sure to clean your juicer well before and after use. Don’t have a juicer? Many of the smoothie recipes listed below can be made in a blender.
Sip ASAP. Vegetable juice is one of the most perishable foods, so try to drink your green juice when it’s freshly juiced.If you absolutely need to store some, make sure to stick to use a glass jar with air-tight lid and fill it to the very top to keep air to the bare minimal, then store in refrigerator.
Start Simply. While green juices can get spicy and vegetably very fast, if you’re just beginning try a sweeter combination like spinach, cucumber, green apple and lemon. When you’re ready, swap out the cucumber and use kale instead. Rally ready to up the ante, ditch the apple and add parsley and celery.
Your green juice or smoothie can be as simple or complex as you’d like it to be. When I’m feeling like a healthy, simple snack, the following recipe does the trick.
Simple Classic Green Juice Smoothie
2-3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
1 cup almond milk, or water
1/2 cup frozen berries
1-2 bananas (frozen or fresh) ** sometimes Ill sub apples here, a bit sweeter.
juice of 1/2 lemon
dash of cinnamon
Toss the ingredients into a blender, and process until nice and smooth!
Try more Green Juice Recipes
- Mean Green Juice – The Full Moxie
- Apple Ginger Juice from Seamus Mullen via Well & Good NYC
- Balanced Green Juice from Serious Eats
- Spring Green Juice – The Little Red House
- Famed Green Juice Recipe – My Darling Lemon Thyme
- 15 Green Smoothies in 3 Minutes – Raw Family
- Green Monster Spinach Smoothie – Iowa Girl Eats
- 30 Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes – Oatmeal in My Bowl
Will drinking juice change your life on its own? It could. But, lets not romanticize one aspect of health. Being healthy means including green juice or smoothies into a healthy balanced life that involves a nutritious eating plan, exercise, stress reduction, healthy relationships, spirituality, and self-love.
If you add green drinks into your life in a healthy balanced way you will experience wonderful benefits. It might not change you life…. but your body will definitely appreciate it. One thing I know for sure: If you want to look and feel good, you have to eat foods that help you look and feel good. After regular consumption of green juice I can honestly say that adding one green drink to your day could result in numerous health benefits, including energy, increased immunity, reduced cravings, and glowing skin. For a quick, nutritious snack on the go – Green juice is my go-to!!
Have you tried green juice and found it to benefit your health?
Cheers to your health!
Want to build a balanced body? Check out my book, Balanced Body Breakthrough and get your mind, body, and spirit in great shape so you can love your life.
Other Things To Check Out:
- Since people always ask: this is my favorite protein powder. Its all natural, plant based, low in sugar, and tastes delicious!
- Why your diet is making you fat.
- Best guided foam rolling exercise videos on youtube