The past year, I have had the honor and the privilege to represent lululemon athletica San Francisco as an Ambassador.
What is a lululemon Ambassador, you ask?
“Ambassadors are outstanding yogis, athletes, and fitness leaders within our communities who embody the lululemon lifestyle and live the our culture. These individuals personally contribute to our vision of elevating the world from mediocrity to greatness.” ( www.lululemon.com).
My experience with lululemon has been more positive, powerful, and fulfilling than I ever could have imagined. I feel so lucky to have had this unique opportunity to be accepted into the lululemon family. It is such a blessing!
Of course, it’s impossible not to fall in love with their product. For quality athletic wear that lasts and flatters any fitness figure -lululemon is the BEST. Yes, the clothing is on the expensive side ….. but you get what you pay for and so much more. What’s better than feeling confident in the clothes you workout in?! Not to mention that choosing comfortable and cute athletic wear can help inspire some fantastic workouts!
But lululemon stands for MUCH more than the clothes… its a company that creates the components for people to live longer, healthier, more fun lives. I see how their culture and community affects people in positive ways DAILY. This is a company that is COMMITTED to living by it’s manifesto. Want to be inspired? Read it below:
the lululemon manifesto
- Drink FRESH water and as much water as you can. Water flushes unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp.
- A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, helps you be at peace with yourself, and offsets stress.
- Do one thing a day that scares you.
- Listen, listen, listen, and then ask strategic questions.
- Write down your short and long-term GOALS four times a year. Two personal, two business and two health goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer.
- Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks.
- Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
- That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least.
- Stress is related to 99% of all illness.
- Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.
- The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind. DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW!
- Friends are more important than money.
- Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of life.
- Take various vitamins. You never know what small mineral can eliminate the bottleneck to everlasting health.
- Don’t trust that an old age pension will be sufficient.
- Visualize your eventual demise. It can have an amazing effect on how you live for the moment.
- The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought.
- Live near the ocean and inhale the pure salt air that flows over the water, Vancouver will do nicely.
- Observe a plant before and after watering and relate these benefits to your body and brain.
- Practice yoga so you can remain active in physical sports as you age.
- Dance, sing, floss and travel.
- Children are the orgasm of life. Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you have them.
- Successful people replace the words “wish”, “should” and “try” with “I will”.
- Creativity is maximized when you’re living in the moment.
- Nature wants us to be mediocre because we have a greater chance to survive and reproduce. Mediocre is as close to the bottom as it is to the top, and will give you a lousy life.
- lululemon athletica creates components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives. If we can produce products to keep people active and stress-free, we believe the world will become a much better place.
- Do not use cleaning chemicals on your kitchen counters. Someone will inevitably make a sandwich on your counter.
- SWEAT once a day to regenerate your skin.
- Communication is COMPLICATED. We are all raised in a different family with slightly different definitions of every word. An agreement is an agreement only if each party knows the conditions for satisfaction and a time is set for satisfaction to occur.
- What we do to the earth we do to ourselves.
- The pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness.
I am honored to represent a company that has such a meaningful message to share with the world. I know lululemon’s work WILL inspire millions – one red bag at a time.
But here’s the real EXCITING NEWS. I have been asked by lululemon to attend the….
First-ever Ambassador Elevation Summit in Vancouver, Canada.
“In celebration of our incredible ambassadors, we are hosting an all-out summit with the best of the best. We are bringing together 90 of our ambassadors, both present and alumni, for three nights and two full days of activities. We are thrilled to bring members of our global community together to share, learn, hang out, and have a great time.” (lululemon invitation)
The company is GENEROUSLY sending me to enjoy two full days and two evenings of learning, networking, growing, sharing and a killer good time. I will be well taken care of in Canada and I’m SO EXCITED! Some of the fun agenda items include:
• The famous Grouse Grind
• Yoga, run, Pilates (seriously?! YES.)
• Motivational talks with the Director of Possibilities-Susanne Conrad and CEO extraordinaire-Christine Day
• Goal-setting, goal-setting, goal-setting
• Elevate your business seminar
• An afternoon for your own adventure in LULULEMON’s hometown VANCOUVER CANADA!!
Now THAT’s my idea of a DREAM VACATION! I’m still completely shocked and amazed by this incredible opportunity. I feel blessed beyond belief and am so thankful to everyone who helped support me within the lululemon Grant Avenue community. I am the LUCKIEST Ambassador in the world….. all thanks to lululemon!
So…. that has to be the longest blog post ever “EH”? 😉
Sorry, but Im just too excited to make it a short one…. OOOOOOO CANADA HERE I COME!!