In the Fall of 2013, I partnered with a company called Virtual Active to create virtual cycling workout DVDs. Virtual Active is a San Francisco based media and technology company dedicated to creating a more enjoyable and effective cardio workout experience. It is a first-person, forward-motion video experience guaranteed to enhance your cardio workout. The programs are designed to be played in front of your treadmill, bike, elliptical, or stepper to give you the feeling you are running, hiking, or cycling through iconic destinations, like the Grand Canyon and the streets of Venice. Shot in some of the most beautiful locations around the world, Virtual Active transports you to iconic trails, roads, cities, and landscapes, turning indoor exercise into an outdoor adventure. Virtual Active guided workouts include helpful instructions from a professional trainer and are available on DVD and as SD or HD digital downloads that can play on a variety of platforms.
I love being creative and I am passionate about sharing health and wellness with others in every way possible. I was beyond excited for the opportunity to work with such an amazing company and collaborate in making a virtual workout that anyone could enjoy anywhere. My role involved writing the workout script to video footage and acting as the coaching voice in the video. It was a fun project and I truly impressed by the finished product of our hard work. These cycling DVDs are visually stunning and physically challenging! Here is a summary of the cycling DVD series we launched in Winter 2013:
1. New Zealand Bike with Caroline Jordan. New Zealand is one of the earth’s great natural playgrounds. The North Island workout includes urban rides in Auckland and Wellington, as well as mountain biking in Cathedral Cove and Waimangu Valley. The South Island workout includes on and off-road environments that range from dense jungles to barren glacial plains. I am the trainer through both of these challenging thirty-five and fifty-five minute programs.
- Auckland, Auckland
- Fiordland National Park, Southland
- Historic Skippers Road, Otago
- Kahurangi National Park, West Coast
- Lake Wakatipu, Otago
- Mount Aspiring National Park, West Coast
- Westland Tai Poutini National Park, West Coast
- Cathedral Cove Recreation Reserve, Waikato
- Coromandel Forest Park, Waikato
- Taupo, Waikato
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley, Waikato
- Wellington, Wellington
2. British Columbia with Buddy Machua. British Columbia is a magnet for adventure travelers. Vancouver and the Sea-to-Sky corridor set the stage for a dynamic mix of urban, trail, and highway rides along the B.C. coast. Off-road climbing will test your legs in the fantastic national parks of the Canadian Rockies. Trainer Buddy Machua leads challenging thirty-five and fifty-five minute programs.
- Brandywine Falls Provincial Park, British Columbia
- Cypress Provincial Park, British Columbia
- Glacier National Park, British Columbia
- Kootenay National Park, British Columbia
- Mount Revelstoke National Park, British Columbia
- Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Port Alberni, British Columbia
- Sea-to-Sky Corridor, British Columbia
- Squamish, British Columbia
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Yoho National Park, British Columbia
3. American Northeast Bike with Jet Noir. Fiery fall colors provide a picturesque setting for cycling. Acadia National Park highlights a seaside tour of Maine, while the Northeastern Fall ride weaves through vibrant back country roads en route to Niagara Falls. Trainer Jet Noir leads challenging thirty-five and fifty-five minute programs.
- Acadia National Park, Maine
- Coastal Maine
- Portland, Maine
- Mount Washington State Park, New Hampshire
- Rural New Hampshire
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Rural Vermont
4. Alberta Bike with Jen Revelli. Canada’s Alberta province is home to some of North America’s most diverse scenery. Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies offers majestic peaks, wildlife encounters, and serene turquoise lakes. Dinosaur Provincial Park invites you to explore Alberta’s fossil rich badlands. Trainer Jen Revelli leads challenging thirty-five and fifty-five minute programs.
- Banff National Park, Alberta
- Dinosaur Provincial Park, Alberta
Each workout is unique, purposeful, and will wow your body and mind with spectacular views. Want to try one for yourself?!? ENTER my Winter Workout giveaway and win a Virtual Active cycling dvd! Each individual DVD includes two invigorating workouts, a 30 minute and a 55 minute, filmed in breath taking scenery. Winning is simple, here’s all you need to do:
WIN a Virtual Active Cycling DVD Guidelines:
- Subscribe to my Caroline Jordan Fitness facebook page, the Virtual Active facebook page, and Caroline Jordan Fitness YouTube Channel.
- Choose a favorite Caroline Jordan youtube video. You’ve got over 100 to pick from!
- SHARE what you like about the youtube video with your friends on your facebook page. Tag @Caroline Jordan Fitness fan page in your post. BONUS if you tag the @Virtual Active page as well! Here is an example, “This 8 minute @Caroline Jordan Fitness youtube stretching video is my favorite way to cool down from a workout. I want to try a @Virtual active cycling DVD and enjoy another virtual workout with Caroline!”
- 8 winners will be selected by Sunday January 26th. I will be sending you your cycling workout present – cant wait to share these bike rides with you!
I am excited to host this giveaway and share these incredible workouts with my community. GOOD LUCK to you all! Looking forward to our next workout in person or virtually together 🙂
Other Things To Check Out This Week:
- Dont medicate, meditate! All natural ways to soothe stress
- The difference between fat loss and weight loss and why you should focus on fitness (not skinniness) for long term health.