Being alive means experiencing life at its most exciting, scary, frustrating, joyous, mindblowing, heartwrenching highs, lows, and in-betweens. This past Thursday, September 27th I celebrated twenty-seven years of life. It was the most beautiful birthday filled with friends, family, and experiences I will remember for a lifetime. I feel blessed and am incredibly grateful for all the joy in my life.
For me, Birthdays are a time for reflection, celebration, and a whole lot of French macarons. Looking back on the past twenty seven years, I started thinking about the things I know to be true in life thus far. Things I know and trust even if I havent articulated them yet. Things that keep me going even when the ride gets hard. Things that I know to be true without a doubt.
I wanted to share 27 Golden Truths that I’ve learned thus far. Life is a wild ride, it’s been a great journey and Im looking forward to learning more 🙂
1. There is much I don’t know or understand and probably never will. And thats ok.
3. For better answers, we need to ask better questions.
4. A set of chiseld abs means nothing if you have an ugly heart.
5. Nature impacts like nothing else can. Majestic. Breathtaking. Spirtual. Healing. Destructive. Unfathomably mysterious. Watching a sunset or sunrise, running to the Golden Gate Bridge, walking by the Bay are some of the times I am most connected to the world and my soul.
7. No matter what happens I will be.okay. More than okay actually 🙂
8. Happiness is a form of courage.
9. When you feel good about yourself on the inside, youll project the same healthy energy outward. You won’t have to worry about how you look. Your body will naturally radiate health and fitness. Wellbeing is an inside – out process.
10. If being healthy is stressing you out you’re doing it wrong.
11. That everything is better in color.
12. Vision and passion can conquer ANY obstacle. You will never know your limits till you push yourself to them. Make your determination bigger than your excuses.
13. Random acts of kindess make the world a better place and people, nicer. Everyone should do at least one a day. Smile, hug, make eye contact, drop coins in the meter. Endless ways to do good.
14. Miracles happen. I don’t know how, but the most mind blowing miracles happen on Earth every day.
15. Fear & comparison are the thieves of joy. The Darth Vader of happiness. Inescapable. Butsurmountable. Always.
16. My mind is my second most powerful ally. And worst enemy. The only thing more powerful, is my heart.
17. Its all about perspective. Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
18. Humans are ridiculously resilient and adaptable. Survivors. Thrivers. Amazing.
19. You can only grow if you are willing to feel uncomfortable and awkward. When you try something new.
20. In the end, it’s not about the awards you got, the money you made, the things you bought. It’s about the EXPERIENCES you had. The lives you touched. The smiles you shared. How you made someone feel. Whether you followed your heart and dreams. Lived authentically.
21. A life lived true to your values is freakin’ hard and you’ll fall off and compromise more than once. But in the end, it’s having walked the path with heart that matters most.
22. If it’s important to you you’ll find a way. If not you’ll find an excuse.
23. Success is a decision, not something that happens to you.
24. If life hands you lemons – then you should go to lululemon.
25. That its your life and if you dont live it… no one else will.
26. Sometimes you need to go slow to go fast.
27. Positive thoughts attract positive results and I am positive about that.
In a world where life happens while you’re busy planning it, where things turn on a dime and nothing is ever certain except change, what do you know to be true without a doubt?
What do YOU know to be true? Please share, thank you!
Thank you for celebrating twenty seven years with me. Looking forward to whats to come on this journey!