Blend up this easy apple protein smoothie recipe for busy days on the go to fuel your life with power.
A healthy protein smoothie a day keeps the doctor away! Or is the saying “an apple a day”? Well either way you say it – you get both with this delicious apple protein smoothie! There’s nothing quite like the sweet, crisp taste of an apple. This thick protein smoothie tastes just like apple pie and makes a delicious, healthy breakfast or snack on the go. It is so rich and creamy that you will have a hard time believing that it is actually good for you! Keep this protein smoothie recipe on hand for days when you need a quick and healthy option to fuel your busy life. It makes for a great choice after the gym or before work.
Easy Apple Protein Smoothie Recipe. Healthy Energy for Busy Days.
- ½ to 1 cup ice, depending on how frosty you like your smoothies
- 1 medium apple, cubed (Peel on/off, you decide. I leave it on.) LOVING the Fugi apples right now.
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice. I use Vega One in French Vanilla, Vega in Vanilla Chai (for extra spicy flavor) or Vega Sport for extra protein (30g per serving!). I prefer Vega protein powder because it features all natural, premium plant based protein, is rich in antioxidants, amino acids, and probiotics. There are no artificial ingredients and it has the most amazing taste.
- 2 teaspoons honey (adjust to taste, or omit; you could also use maple syrup or agave nectar)
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces milk (plant-based or dairy, it’s up to you) I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (Unsweetened). Its only 30 calories per serving and makes the protein smoothie thicker.
- Bonus: Ground ginger, nutmeg or a dash of mace would be lovely in this smoothie, with or without the cinnamon. Of course, you’ll adjust those to your own taste, but you may not want near as much of those as the cinnamon, as they have stronger flavors (and the ginger can be a bit pungent).
- Place all ingredients in blender. Don’t have a fancy Vitamix?! I use a simple and effective Magic Bullet Blender. It’s easy to use, portable, and a million times cheaper than fancier blenders while providing the same protein smoothie result. Mine has lasted 3 years and is still going! Highly recommend it until your budget allows for a Vitamix 🙂
- Blend smoothie until it’s all smooth and frosty.
- Pour it up, fancy it up in a nice glass, and enjoy!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and certified non-GMO (so pretty much a good choice no matter what diet you follow). Drinking this protein smoothie will help build and repair healthy muscles and deliver high quality nutritional support so that you can continue to kick butt in work, wellness, and life.
This recipe has fiber, protein, and will leave you feeling full long after you take your last sip. It is the perfect solution if you have busy days and want to power them up with nutritious energy. Not only that but it tastes heavenly…. Can you have your apple pie and be healthy too? I think so 🙂 Blend it up, pour it up, and let’s toast to your health.
Want to build a balanced body? Check out my book, Balanced Body Breakthrough and get your mind, body, and spirit in great shape so you can love your life.
Other Things To Check Out:
- Shoulder Stretching Video. Ease Computer Tension with this 8 minute sequence.
- Foods and Supplements To Help Heal From a Bone Fracture or Injury