Do you get enough exercise? If you’re like many Americans, the answer is no — and that can be especially true for people with diabetes. In fact, only about 40 percent of people with type 2 diabetes participate in regular physical activity, notes a study published in June 2016 in the World Journal of Diabetes.
Exercise may help your body fend off illnesses by ramping up immune system activity, according to the National Library of Medicine. In the current COVID-19 pandemic, people with a chronic disease are more at risk for developing complications should they become ill. Boosting your immunity with exercise, as well as managing your blood sugar, can help you stay healthy.
There are many benefits of being active when you have diabetes. Moving more can:
- help your body use insulin better by increasing insulin sensitivity
- help you look after your blood pressure, because high blood pressure means you’re more at risk of diabetes complications
- help to improve cholesterol (blood fats) to help protect against problems like heart disease
- help you lose weight if you need to, and keep the weight off after you’ve lost it
- give you energy and help you sleep
- help your joints and flexibility
- help your mind as well as your body – exercise releases endorphins, which you could think of as happy hormones. Being active is proven to reduce stress levels and improve low mood.
- help people with type 2 diabetes improve their HbA1c. In some cases, this can help people with the condition go into remission.
It’s important to remember that being active is even more beneficial if you’re also making healthier food choices, not smoking and getting enough sleep.
Here is a great exercise to reduce diabetes workout you can easily incorporate into your daily routine. Be sure to check with your healthcare team before beginning any exercise regimen, and go slowly at first. Over time, you can increase the length and intensity of your routine.
Exercise to reduce diabetes video
Want more longer workouts to help you lose weight at home? check out my Diabetes exercises for weight loss program.
If you have fitness or weight loss goals, doing this diabetes low impact cardio workout will help you see results. Repeat this video daily for maximum benefits. Want more longer workouts to help you lose weight at home? check out my Diabetes exercises for weight loss program.
If you enjoyed this video, please hit the LIKE button and SHARE with a friend. And if you enjoy and benefit from the video content, please consider becoming a PATREON at: https://www.patreon.com/carolinejordanfitness or making a donation to the channel to help it continue to create more feel good fitness videos just for you. DONATE at: https://www.paypal.me/CarolineJordanUS
Venmo : @carolinejordanfitness
Health is a journey and every small positive step you take moves you forward! Take a positive step today! Till next time my friends, keep smiling and sweating!
Other things to check out: