Have you been eating too many negative thoughts lately?? Are they causing you to feel defeated, tired, stressed, upset, or unhappy? Are they creating adverse reactions like overeating, random acts of anger, apathy, sleeplessness, or lack of interest in your life? Why do you keep eating them if they make you feel SICK??
Studies have shown that 75% to 95% of the illnesses that plague us today are a direct result of our thoughts. We know that what we think about affects us physically and emotionally and the average person has over 30,000 thoughts a day. If most of those 30,000 daily thoughts are negative or fearful, that’s like eating poison!
Research shows that fear, all on its own, triggers more than 1,400 known physical and chemical responses and activates more than 30 different hormones. Toxic waste generated by toxic thoughts causes the following illnesses: diabetes, cancer, asthma, skin problems and allergies to name just a few. And you know it’s true: Negative self-talk is limiting, crippling and harmful. Your words and thoughts carry the toxic energies of fear, shame, criticism, judgment, fear, blame, and doubt. As a result, you feel depressed, depleted and dispirited….. and well…. not in love with your life.
I believe the only diet you ever need to be on is a positive thought diet. Detox your mind from thoughts that make you feel sick and take away your ability to fully enjoy your life. Take out the trash talk and your life will eventually clean up the way you want. No one is perfect, we all struggle with this. But simply building an awareness over the thoughts that control your life can help you be more mindful over the thoughts you choose to cultivate. You mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds : you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds. Want to get rid of the weeds and grow flowers instead? ?? Get on the positive thought diet. 110% results guaranteed. Here’s how :
Detox your life! Caroline’s positive thought diet. I eat positive for breakfast!!
- Clean out the criticism cabinet. Look in your head cabinet and clean out all criticism! Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself, throw all the trash talk in the TRASH. Accept yourself exactly as you are. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
- Feed yourself forgiveness on a weekly basis. Let the past go. You did the best you could at the time with the understanding, awareness, and knowledge that you had. Now you are growing and changing, and you will live life differently. Its a process! Forgive regularly and keep moving forward.
- Don’t believe scary, false packaging. Stop scaring yourself with fearful, terrorizing thoughts. It’s an awful way to live. Remember FEAR stands for “False Evidence Appearing Real”. Have any of your fears EVER come true? Yea I thought so. Don’t waste your life spending time hanging out with your fearful thoughts. Acknowledge them and call them out. Then throw them in the trash along with the self criticism and take it OUT.
- Marinate the mind with positive juices. Our mind is a sponge. It absorbs almost everything it encounters. From the negative comment a work colleague made a year ago to some awful things we heard on the news, we can’t but help internalizing all the things our senses pick up. Sadly there is a LOT of negative out there in the world. Positive thinking isn’t about ignoring the negative, its about overcoming it. And to do this, you must marinate the mind with positive influences on a daily basis. From surrounding yourself with positive people, reading inspirational blogs, or watching TED talks, do what it takes to be more proactive about what you put into your mind rather than just allow others to influence it. Regularly putting positive things (words, messages, conversations, stories, pictures, etc.) into the mind will help you overcome the negative influences of the world with optimism.
- Take a daily dose of gentleness morning, noon, and night. Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn how to follow the positive diet and eat new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really loved. Feed yourself with compassion and care regularly throughout your day.
- Be Kind to Your Mind at all Meals. Self-hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don’t hate yourself for having the thoughts. We are all human – we ALL struggle with this! Gently change your thoughts and be kind to yourself in the process.
- Dish out meals on plates of praise. Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can – at every meal and snack. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing. Celebrate your progress.
- Serve yourself with support. Find ways to support yourself at every opportunity. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. Set boundaries and honor your commitments to yourself. Strong means practicing self care, asking for help when you need it, and finding ways to support yourself towards living the life you want.
- Learn everything you can about positive life fueling. Don’t let the positive diet be a quick fix or fad in your life. Learn everything you can about living your best life and KEEP learning! Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need in order to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise. What kind of exercise do you enjoy? Learn about self-care. What do you need to feel balanced and well? Cherish and revere the body and soul you were blessed to live in and never stop.
- Sip on self-love 24-7. Don’t wait until you get well, or lose the weight, or get the new job, or find the new relationship. Begin now—and do the best you can. I have found that there is only one thing that heals every problem, and that is: to love yourself. When people start to love themselves more each day, it’s amazing how their lives get better. They feel better. They get the jobs they want. They have the money they need. Their relationships either improve, or the negative ones dissolve and new ones begin. Loving yourself is a lifetime of learning and practice – you get better at it but you never stop practicing. Just like a muscle you work out in the gym if you don’t use it you will lose it. And just like drinking water, self-love is key for flourishing in life. Start now. Drink it it up!
Watch the thoughts you are feeding yourself. You cant live a happy, healthy life with an unhappy, unhealthy mind. Happiness and health is an inside out process and I believe that by following the positive thought diet you will THINK WELL, live well, and be well in your life.
Have you struggled with negative thoughts that have hurt your health? Whats one thing you ate that helped? 😉 If you liked this post or found it useful in your life, please share it with your friends on Facebook, pinterest, twitter, or email. Id love to help others eat the positive diet too 😉 Thanks for all your support and till next time, keep smiling.
Other Things To Check Out This Week: