Lululemon Athletica is much more than just high quality spandex. Its a company that creates the components for people to live longer, healthier, more fulfilling lives. It is a company that is COMMITTED to living by it’s manifesto. Want to be inspired? Read it below:
the lululemon manifesto
- Drink FRESH water and as much water as you can. Water flushes unwanted toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp.
- A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, helps you be at peace with yourself, and offsets stress.
- Do one thing a day that scares you.
- Listen, listen, listen, and then ask strategic questions.
- Write down your short and long-term GOALS four times a year. Two personal, two business and two health goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer.
- Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks.
- Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
- That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least.
- Stress is related to 99% of all illness.
- Jealousy works the opposite way you want it to.
- The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind. DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW!
- Friends are more important than money.
- Breathe deeply and appreciate the moment. Living in the moment could be the meaning of life.
- Take various vitamins. You never know what small mineral can eliminate the bottleneck to everlasting health.
- Don’t trust that an old age pension will be sufficient.
- Visualize your eventual demise. It can have an amazing effect on how you live for the moment.
- The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought.
- Live near the ocean and inhale the pure salt air that flows over the water, Vancouver will do nicely.
- Observe a plant before and after watering and relate these benefits to your body and brain.
- Practice yoga so you can remain active in physical sports as you age.
- Dance, sing, floss and travel.
- Children are the orgasm of life. Just like you did not know what an orgasm was before you had one, nature does not let you know how great children are until you have them.
- Successful people replace the words “wish”, “should” and “try” with “I will”.
- Creativity is maximized when you’re living in the moment.
- Nature wants us to be mediocre because we have a greater chance to survive and reproduce. Mediocre is as close to the bottom as it is to the top, and will give you a lousy life.
- lululemon athletica creates components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives. If we can produce products to keep people active and stress-free, we believe the world will become a much better place.
- Do not use cleaning chemicals on your kitchen counters. Someone will inevitably make a sandwich on your counter.
- SWEAT once a day to regenerate your skin.
- Communication is COMPLICATED. We are all raised in a different family with slightly different definitions of every word. An agreement is an agreement only if each party knows the conditions for satisfaction and a time is set for satisfaction to occur.
- What we do to the earth we do to ourselves.
- The pursuit of happiness is the source of all unhappiness.
This past week, a seemingly innocent afternoon invite to visit turned into a celebratory ambush complete with confetti, red pants, and french macarons. On Monday December 3 2012, lululemon athletica Grant Avenue PROPOSED and asked me to be a lululemon Ambassador for the 2013 year.
What is a lululemon Ambassador, you ask?
“Ambassadors are outstanding yogis, athletes, and fitness leaders within our communities who embody the lululemon lifestyle and live the our culture. These individuals personally contribute to our vision of elevating the world from mediocrity to greatness.” (www.lululemon.com).
When the Ambassador program first began, it was purely a product feedback relationship, and has since turned into a lot more. Now it’s a relationship between the Ambassador, the store and the community. Lululemon doesn’t “sponsor” athletes, so this is their way of getting to promote and connect with local instructors, athletes, and wellness professionals. They pick people active in the community who are passionate about their career and who’s work reflects the lululemon product, culture, and manifesto. I had the opportunity to represent Grant Avenue as an ambassador in 2009 and I am honored to have the chance to do it again in 2013.
My experience with lululemon has been more positive, powerful, and fulfilling than I ever could have imagined. They sent me on an unforgettable trip to CANADA, filled my San Francisco years with memorable events, and have created a community that feels like family. I am so grateful to have this unique opportunity to represent the store and be an ambassador once more. I can’t stop smiling and I am looking forward to a year full of making memories with powerful people.
Looking back, I am a much different person now than when I first was an ambassador in 2009. The successes, failures, and learning lessons of the past few years have allowed me to grow and slowly come into my own. It feels like I am an Ambassador for the first time all over again, as an upgraded version of Caroline, a stronger one. The line from the manifesto that relates most to me right now is “DO one thing a day that scares you”. This past year I have been earnestly challenging myself to leave the comfort zone and my life has blossomed as a result. It’s astonishing how when you put your needs first, the rest of your life starts falling into place. This revolutionary concept serves as my motivation to keep moving forward, even when the path gets scary.
I’m proud of myself for overcoming fears, trusting my gut, and working hard towards living a life that feels right in my heart. I’ve learned to trust the process and be patient. It doesn’t happen all at once. You become and it takes a long time. I may not be there yet, but I am closer today than I was in 2009 and I owe part of my progress to lululemon. Their belief in me and loving support has often been the extra ammunition needed to keep me moving forward towards my goals. No person is an island and it’s helpful to have a team cheering me on in lululemon.
My biggest learning lesson from this past year is this: Doing one thing a day that SCARES you gives you freedom. It’s not easy. But if you can break down the walls and leave the cage of your fears: you will FLY, you will SOAR, you will be UNSTOPPABLE.
Thank you lululemon Grant Avenue for believing in me and helping me fly free. This will be my best year yet. Heres to a year full of flying high, flying far, and doing one thing every day that scares you.
With love and gratitude,
Your SUPER EXCITED Ambassador for 2013,
What line in the manifesto is your favorite or relevant in your life right now? Favorite item of lululemon athletica clothing?
Other Things To Check Out This week:
- Ambassador Debbie Steingesser’s article for MindBodyGreen “How Crossfit Changed This Yogi’s Life”
- Ambassador Buddy Macuha’s Yoga And Fitness Community.
- Funny photos from my surprise at lululemon Grant Avenue!