Don’t Seek Love, Live in Love
When Valentine’s Day approaches, we all start looking for signs of love outside of ourselves—chocolate, cards, phone calls, flowers, gifts or other sweet sentiments. Its all to easy to connect our happiness to these external factors and use these things to define the level of love in our lives.
Yet it’s important to remember that happiness is not really determined by the external world, but by the world found inside of you. No amount of flowers, gifts, or love from someone else can fill a void created by a lack of internal happiness. Love is an inside job—and the irony of it is, in order to receive it, we have to already have it. So with Valentine’s Day coming up, Id like to invite you to look at your relationship with yourself and your life. Are you in love with it?
Love takes work. Relationships take work. And the love you have for yourself and your life – yes you guessed it – takes work. Just like anything worth working for, great love doesn’t happen over night. It takes time, sweat, dedication, patience, practice, persistence, and a positive attitude. Learning to love life and all that life has to bring you is a sure way to bring more happiness into your world. One small intentional action a day can create a big changes in creating a life you love. Here are my thoughts on 70 different ways you can create a positive, powerful relationship to your life, and fall in love with it…. every minute of it.
70 Ways to create a positive, powerful relationship to your life.
- Love yourself first.
- Live in the present moment.
- Don’t ignore the past.
- Look for the good in everyone.
- Don’t believe everything you think.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Do what you enjoy doing.
- Eat foods that nourish you from the inside out.
- Travel. As often as possible.
- Give back to others.
- Practice patience.
- Don’t avoid conflict.
- Know what really matters.
- Learn to say no.
- Learn to say yes.
- Create positive rituals.
- Find something to believe in.
- Accept what you cannot change.
- Don’t try to change others.
- Let go, forgive, and move forward.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Avoid judgments, stereotypes, and assumptions.
- Expect good things.
- Be open-minded.
- Find a positive outlet.
- Use positive language (especially when talking to yourself).
- Take chances.
- Don’t sabotage your happiness. Get out of your own way.
- Find your voice and listen to it.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Believe in your ability to change your life.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Ask for help.
- Take life one day at a time.
- Treat others how they want to be treated. Golden rule people!
- Don’t let fear hold you back. Feel the fear. Do it anyway.
- Avoid complaining.
- Don’t create unnecessary drama. Don’t put up with people that do.
- Stop making excuses.
- Get rid of mental clutter.
- Get rid of physical clutter.
- Set up clear boundaries.
- Seek out opportunities.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Celebrate the little things.
- Trust your intuition.
- Help others help themselves.
- Be a good listener.
- Don’t take life so seriously.
- Pick your battles.
- Highlight your strengths.
- Look for beauty everywhere.
- Let go of what you don’t need.
- Work hard and play hard.
- Know your life has a purpose.
- Greet yourself with love.
- Pay attention to what your body is saying.
- Take calming time-outs.
- Don’t wait for someday.
- Look for learning opportunities.
- Make time to play.
- Don’t settle. Ever.
- Don’t waste time on hate and envy.
- Handle stress positively.
- Inspire yourself – and others.
- Try your best in everything.
- Turn your face to the sun.
- Stop wanting to be what you’re not.
- Be your own hero.
“If we look at the world with a love of life, the world will reveal its beauty to us.” Give yourself permission to fall in love with your life, no matter what’s missing or what you wish could be different. It’s your life and like it or not, you are married to it. You might as well make it the relationship of a lifetime and find all the beauty in it. Love is a choice. No one can take that choice away from you and no darkness is bold enough to extinguish it. Go ahead… you have nothing to lose. Fall head over heels with your life. Every minute of it.
Till next time…. live in love,
Other Valentines Themed Posts:
- In The Mood For Love. “Mood Foods” and recipes – hot and delicious 😉
- 10 Ways to make February Happy. Fun!
- Celebrate Valentines Day with These treats! YUM!