Good morning Sunshine… its BREAKFAST Time!
Whats one of the Healthy Habits I live by?
Always eat BREAKFAST and make it HEALTHY!
Here are a few Breakfast Benefits for you:
1 A better attention span, focus and better productivity at work, school or at home. More strength and endurance. Studies on those who work at labor type jobs have shown that those who do not eat breakfast are unable to work as hard until lunchtime and studies on children reveal that they are unable to complete school work.
2. Maintaining a healthy weight. People who skip breakfast are shown to choose less nutritious and convenience foods to curb their ravenous appetite. Poor eating habits lead to eating throughout the evening and calories are stored the evening hours as the metabolism slows down. Calories stored equals fat.
3. Essential nutrients. Many of us do not meet the essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals needed daily. i.e., calcium, iron, fiber and Vitamin B1. Skipping breakfast guarantees we will not get these essential nutrients.
4. Eating breakfast can reverse the effects of fasting: irritability and fatigue. That tone can last up to 16 hours. We’ve all had our cranky morning moments. You can beat the moody monster – you’ll feel a lot better with a morning meal to help you deal with the day!
5. Breakfast can help Lower cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease. Research has shown that people who eat breakfast consume less dietary cholesterol then do people who don’t eat breakfast.
6. Eating a healthy breakfast has been linked to better learning ability and memory functions.
7. Increase your metabolic rate. People who skip breakfast have a metabolic rate four to five percent below normal, which may lead to an expected weight gain of eight pounds per year (one pound every seven weeks).
8. Eating breakfast can have long term effects and prevent Obesity, High Blood Pressure and Diabetes.
9. Breakfast is YUMMY! Especially my favorite OATMEAL!
Rise and Shine…. it’s Breakfast Time!
How many days do you fit breakfast into your routine? Are you dedicated daily diner or do you get stuck in the morning rush? I challenge you to enjoy a MINDFUL MORNING MEAL EVERY DAY.
How will you find the time? MAKE the time. Get up 15 minutes earlier. Pack something to eat on the road or when you first get to work. Prepare it the night before – I use my slow cooker and have oatmeal on warm 24-7. It’s nice to wake up a little earlier, sit down, and enjoy a peaceful meal before the day gets crazy.
Need ideas? Here are a few healthy morning options for you:
- Oatmeal. I make mine the night before so its ready to go! Check out my favorite OATMEAL RECIPE.
- Fresh berries, yogurt, granola
- Fruit, whole wheat toast, and peanut/almond/nut butter
- Scrambled eggs, egg whites, or tofu mixed with veggies and toast.
- Cottage Cheese and fruit
- Superfood Smoothie – try out my friend AMBER’s !
- Bannana with fresh almonds
A WHOLE WEEK’s worth of delicious morning treats! Now thats something WORTH waking up for!
Yours in health,