HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! Are you ready for the BIG GAME? This year, don’t let football festivities sideline your fitness routine. Prepare a game day plan that gets you off the couch and MOVING before the commercials begin. I’ve created a special football themed workout to help you work up a “sporty sweat” before the action starts. This challenging all-levels circuit works the entire body, doesn’t require any equipment, and includes the perfect mix of strength and cardio exercises. It’s a winning combination – you’ll feel like such a rockstar when you’re done you might need your OWN halftime show. Now get focused, put on your game face, and get ready to “BRING IT”. Im positive you’ll WIN in this workout challenge. TOUCHDOWN!
“Get in the Game WORKOUT CHALLENGE”
Fuel your SuperBowl Sunday with POWER. The below drills are designed to work on your strength, speed, stamina, and agility while burning calories and boosting energy. It’s a challenging series – as always, please check with a doctor before beginning any new exercise routine. And note: *You DO NOT need a football or access to a football field for these workouts. Just a positive attitude, a bottle of water, and some space! ; )
Running/Jogging Warm Up Drills. 10 minutes.
- Easy jog 5 minutes
- Walking Lunge. 20-30.
- Butt kicks (kick your heel towards your butt)
- Squat with side shuffle 1 minute
- High Knees 1 minute
- Plank with mountain climber knees 1 minute
“Make a Tight End”
Do 20-30 reps of each move. Work on keeping good form and strengthening your legs, core, and balance.
- Basic Hip bridge. Laying on back bridge hips up into the air.
- Squat with straight arms out in front of you. Focus on keeping shoulders down and core engaged.
- Forward single leg lunge with knee raise (add hop if feeling feisty!). Do reps on one leg and switch.
- Single leg side lateral lunge. Lunging one leg to the side keeping the other straight. Option to add a knee raise towards chest.
- Plie squat with inner thigh slide. Squat with legs wide and toes pointed outward, bring heels together when you stand and separate legs wide to squat again.
Perform each move for 1 minute with 15 seconds rest in-between.
- V Ups.
- Bicycle Crunch
Cardio BURST: TOUCHDOWN
Do each move for 1 minute with 30 seconds rest in-between.
- Burpees. Feel free to add a pushup or squat jump!
- “Football” run. Also known as “fast feet” : shake your booty and move feet out and in.
- Squat hops with “touch down” arms. Squat and jump off ground reaching your arms up in the air in a “touchdown” signal.
- Suicides. Sprint out 10-20 yards, squat and touch ground, sprint back ( you can also use distance measure like light poles, street meters)
Once through the circuit is GREAT – you can also repeat the above 2-3 times and go home with a WINNING workout.
When you have completed the above challenge, leave me a comment below and let me know how it went. Cant wait to congratulate you on your efforts!
On another note, I wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU all of you for your donations in this past weekend’s CYCLE for SURVIVAL fundraiser. This years ride was emotional and inspiring. Equinox Pine Street was packed with over 400 enthusiastic Cyclers working together towards an end to all rare cancers. The event was a tremendous success. So far, Cycle 2012 has raised over $6.1 million! This accomplishment would be impossible without your generosity. These efforts will have a lasting impact on every person touched by rare cancers. I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for supporting me in my ride and helping make a difference in the lives of so many. Keep your eyes out for an upcoming blog post filled with stories from this years ride and LOTS of fun pictures!
Hope you have a fun, safe, and healthy Super Bowl Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you soon for a workout in the gym or ONLINE!
Other Things To Check Out This Week: