Healing foot injuries?! YES it is possible.
My Foot is actually getting better!! Read on to learn WHY I feel I am healing positively and making progress in recovery.
I have some exciting news to share with you today – my foot is finally feeling better from years of injury. I’d like to share a few of the reasons why I believe I am healing foot injury and making progress.
The frustrating part about healing foot injuries is that they are not a quick recovery. THEY TAKE A LONG TIME and healing is never a straight line. There are ups, there are downs, and there are a LOT of in-betweens. And healing tends to take SO MUCH LONGER than you want it to. The process can take years (and sadly some people never properly recover).
It can feel so challenging to trust the healing process. Are you getting better? Will you recover? The constant fear of NOT healing is real. There is anxiety, worry, endless cycles of stress – not to mention the pain from the injury makes everything worse. I know this state all too well. I’ve been there. And even though Ive made progress, I’ll probably be there again at some point tomorrow.
Truth is, it’s HUMAN to struggle with worry while you are healing. You will have days where the pain is so frustrating, discouraging, and isolating. It can seem impossible to have FAITH and TRUST in your body’s ability to heal itself. But faith and trust are essential ingredients in your path towards healing and returning to health.
So on those down days when you feel you can’t endure. When the pain of injury is just so real. When you’ve lost your trust in your body and in yourself…..
Im here to remind you, THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
In my own healing journey these little reminders helped prevent me from going crazy. Hurt Foot Friends on the OTHER side of injury would cheer me up with stories of healing success. This is actually a huge reason created my Hurt Foot Fitness Coaching Program – to build a community of supportive friends who cheer you on during recovery challenges.
If you are having a down day or a dark moment I want to remind you: Everything changes in the healing process. Your body is CHANGING right this second.
So please remember: everything in life is temporary. Every time it rains, it stops raining. You will get through this. It WILL CHANGE. And the good news is, you will change with it in beautiful ways. Challenge yourself to shift your mindset, to see injury as an opportunity for learning and growth. Choose to get stronger and believe in the blessings behind this time in your life. Surround yourself with support, like minded people who GET IT. Find ways to use this time to your advantage and benefit. Your struggles are making you, not breaking you. It doesn’t matter what’s been done; what truly matters is what YOU DO from here.
I wanted to share these important reminders with you and a few helpful tools I’ve used in my own healing foot injury journey. Whether you are healing foot injury or not, these healthy lifestyle habits WILL positively impact your health. Give this video a watch and let me know if you’ve tried these suggestions for success below in the comments.
Healing Foot Injury?! Yes it is possible, here’s what has helped my foot in positive recovery.
Here are a few of the reasons I believe I’m healing foot injury:
- I got HOKA shoes (a couple of pairs actually!). These shoes are amazing for people coming back from foot injuries. If you are healing foot injury you ABSOLUTELY need to try on a couple of pairs and styles to see if they work for you. Remember, everybody’s body is different and your feet may like HOKAs or they might not! Its worth trying to see if wearing the HOKA shoes gives your body relief. You can get them on Amazon here.
- I wear New Balance cycling cleats when I teach cycling or do cycling workouts. They are hard on the bottom and act like a boot preventing the foot from bending. When you wear cycling cleats during your workouts you are able to pull up on the pedals with your hamstrings. This is really helpful for gaining strength on the backs of your legs (in your hamstrings and butt. You lose a lot of that when you are healing !!) You can get a pair of New Balance cycling cleats on Amazon or on New Balance website. They run true to size.
- I created a SUPPORT community of people who “GET IT” and can cheer me on in this often long and arduous journey. As much as I love my family and friends, they don’t always understand “Hurt Foot Problems”. My Hurt Foot Fitness program community has often been the group I’ve leaned on when I have faced down days or frustration. They are one of my main sources of strength. Its so nice to have a private place where I can go to “vent”. They cheer me up in my lows and celebrate my highs. Its this group of special people who have often saved me on my down days.
- Ive been following the workouts in my Hurt Foot Fitness program and pacing myself in coming back safely.
- I have been actively working on having LESS stress in my life. I rest more, work on meditation, get out in the sunshine, and find ways to let my nervous system “come down”. Stress is directly related to healing. The less stress you have in your life the more you support you body in the healing process. Coping with stress is HARD since stress is a natural part of living an active, engaged, and busy life. Learning tools to manage stress and creating habits that support your nervous system and immune health is ESSENTIAL if you want to heal. I’ve dedicated an entire section in both my Hurt Foot Fitness and Strong Body programs to “Stress Reduction” and “Mental Health” as I’ve seen the powerful benefits that these techniques and resources can bring. We tend to be “DO-ERS” and this whole “resting” thing can be the hardest part of healing. But if you can TRY to come down from the stress in your life it will yield powerful results.
- I have been following my own advice and RESTING more. Its amazing how powerful rest can be, both mentally and physically. I schedule rest days into my week and into my Hurt Foot Coaching and Strong Body Coaching program – because sometimes we just need a calendar reminder (or coach!) to help us chill out.
- I’ve used the programming in my Strong Body course to correct muscular imbalances and build a foundation of strength. This is EXACTLY why I created the Strong Body program in the first place – to give people a SAFE transition from a injury back into active living. The program involves a balanced weekly fitness schedule and provides students with foundational strength work that can help ease them back into workouts (and life). So I’ve been following my OWN program! I follow the Strong Body course schedule and use the strength workouts to help myself heal.
- I’ve been dedicated in fine tuning my nutrition. I’ve been incorporating collagen, diligently watching my sugar intake, and following many of the ideas behind the AutoImmune Protocol to eliminate food triggers to inflammation in my body. I have always believed in nourishing myself with a nutrient rich diet that is full of REAL, unprocessed, Whole Foods. I eat as many plants as possible and incorporate high quality animal proteins in moderation because Ive found that style of eating helps my body feel its best. I love to cook and explore new recipes – if you follow my instagram stories @carolinejordanfitness , you see a lot of my daily eats! What I’ve learned is that everybody’s body is different and that there is no one specific diet or way of eating that is “right”. Everyday is a challenge and opportunity to listen to your body and figure out a way of eating that feels best. This is HARD but you can do it! I am dedicated to helping my coaching students develop a style of eating that works in my coaching programs because quality nutrition is the foundation of healing and the BEST life insurance.
I may not be able to wear high heels yet (not sure thats going to happen…. **tear**). But Ive come so far and am stronger in ways I never dreamed before. I still have my down days (don’t we all?) but the mental strength and Hurt Foot Fitness community Ive gained through the healing process helps me manage those down days with calm superpowers.
I hope that no matter where you are in your healing journey, this article and video gives you positive reminders that there WILL be good days and you can get there.
Are you healing from an injury? What do you think has helped you the most in the process of healing?
Sending you love and light my friends,
Other Things To Check Out: