Headed to a holiday party and want to bring something nice that tastes naughty? I’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
Last year I was getting ready for a christmas potluck and needed to bring a dessert dish. I started playing around in the kitchen and came up with this healthy fudge recipe using only healthy, whole food ingredients. Once I realized how easy it was to produce a decadent dessert based on real food it was a game changer. Gone were the days of giving in to cravings and eating sweets made with heavy cream, white sugar, and butter which would leave my stomach in pain and my head pounding! My healthy fudge recipe left me feeling content and satisfied with a body that felt the same.
I believe the holidays can be enjoyed without leaving you sick, tired, hungover, exhausted, or overdosed on sugar. Sometimes all you need is a little coaching on how you can satisfy your cravings to indulge life while still honoring your health goals. In my book, “Balanced Body Breakthrough”, I work with you to think outside the box, personalize your approach to health, and find habits that make you feel good inside and out. That includes recipes that taste as good as they feel and I want to share this Balanced Body fudge recipe with you. This fudge encompasses everything I could want in a fudge – tons of nutrients including fiber, vitamins, minerals, natural sweetness, protein, AND that unforgettable chocolatey, hearty, dense, and delicious fudge taste and texture.
Are you drooling yet?
Get ready to be the biggest hit at your holiday event with this rich, chewy, and totally guilt free Balanced Body protein fudge recipe.
Rich, Chewy, and Totally Guilt Free Balanced Body Paleo Protein Fudge Recipe.
- 1 cup Almond Butter, for fudge
- 1/4 cup Organic Cocoa Powder, for base (I prefer Nunaturals brand)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour or protein powder (the Vega vanilla performance protein is super thick and makes really amazing fudge for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup Water, for fudge
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds, for base
- 1/2 cup Vita Coco Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, for base
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, for base
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Optional: vegan chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts, or any fun toppings you fancy.
- Line a 6×6 pyrex with foil.
- Melt the coconut oil (microwave for 20s) and mix base ingredients and line the bottom
- Warm up the nut butter by microwaving for 30s. Stirring, and microwaving for another 30s
- Blend the fudge ingredients, stopping every 10s to mix with fork. It will get very thick and will start to cool and set fast.
- Distribute the fudge over the base. Wet your spoon with a bit of water to make this easier as the fudge will be thick and will start to set very fast.
- Let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 5-7.
- ENJOY!! Bonus fun: experiment with coconut flakes instead of almond, cashew butter instead of almond, vegan chocolate chips, the possibilities are endless!
Nutrition: Calories: 152, Total Fat: 14g, Total Carbohydrate: 6g, Protein: 3g
That’s it, that’s all – no flour, no refined sugars, no chemicals, no additives, no fake sh*t!
Even though this healthy fudge isn’t really “low calorie”, it’s so indulgent you’ll be satisfied from one portion size and won’t end up sidelined with a headache. Remember: not all calories are created equal 🙂
This fudge is gluten free, dairy free, paleo and wellness coach approved. Just good whole food to put you in a really happy mood! Healthy desserts CAN be made, enjoyed, and still taste amazing while feeling just as good as they look.
What is your favorite kind of fudge? Have you made healthy fudge before? What ingredients did you use? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
Hungry for more? get your copy of Balanced Body Breakthrough here and start living your best life now. I hope you get a chance to enjoy some sweetness this holiday season. I am sending love to you.
Happy holidays sweet thing,
Other Things To Check Out:
- Give the Gift of Happiness and Health.
- How to stay active while traveling over the holidays
- Holiday Hangover Cure.
- An Exercise that will change your life.