I am a wellness coach and an advocate for BALANCE. I believe in living fully and savoring all the joys life brings. I don’t believe in deprivation diets, quick fixes, extremes, or “surviving” through life with strict regulations. Depriving yourself to an extreme isn’t sustainable long-term and neither is indulging 24-7. When you don’t let yourself enjoy the things you love, you end up craving them more. You want to find a healthy diet that keeps your body nourished and your spirit satisfied. A way of eating that doesn’t just allow you to achieve a one time goal, but keeps you fueled with energy for a long and vibrant life. This is where learning the practice of moderation comes in. Moderation allows you to enjoy some of the sweeter (or more savory) things in life without overdoing it so you don’t sabotage your efforts to maintain healthy habits. By indulging wisely and treating yourself once in a while, it actually makes it easier to stay on track and maintain balance.
Life is meant to be enjoyed and personalizing ways of enjoying your life in health will allow you to thrive. Sometimes all you need is a little coaching on different ways you can remix your health habits to have them help you. In my coaching book, “Balanced Body Breakthrough”, I work with you to customize your approach to living well and adopt healthy habits that help you stay on track, find moderation + balance, and maintain a feel-good life.
Are you an “all or nothing” type of eater? Have you tried every diet out there only to find yourself right back where you started (or worse, 5 pounds heavier)? Do you feel frustrated, confused, or defeated? Are you exhausted from the fight of trying to eat well and exercise “right”? It doesn’t need to be a struggle, you can find a healthy balance that works for you. In my book I give you strategies for success and help you customize your wellness to work with you to enable you to reach your full potential.
The “Body” section of my book, provides you with many of my favorite feel good recipes that will satisfy cravings and give energy for your life. I want to share a few of the book beverage recipes with you, so you can decide if you are hungry for more. These recipes are the perfect healthy indulgences for the upcoming holiday season. Whip up a few of these balanced body beverages in your kitchen and let me know what you think. Notice what happens in your life when you make the choice to feel good.
Sample Balanced Body Breakthrough Beverage Recipes
Vega Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. Enjoy pumpkin pie flavors all year round with this pumpkin pie smoothie recipe. Beautifully smooth and creamy rich, this is a healthy smoothie recipe to keep in your arsenal every day of the year! Who said that dessert can’t be part of a healthy diet?
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ banana or apple
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Silk® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1 serving French Vanilla or Vanilla Chai Vega One Nutritional Shake
- Add all ingredients to blender, blend until smooth and enjoy! Tip: Freeze extra pumpkin puree in mounds on wax paper ahead of time, then place in bags and store in the freezer for pumpkin pie smoothies all year long.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Stevia to taste (I use 10 drops of NuNaturals liquid stevia)
Heat milk in the microwave in a microwave safe mug for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes (depending on your preference) or place in a small pot on the stove on medium and heat slowly until it starts to bubble. In the mug of milk, add cocoa powder and stevia. Use a spoon to stir quickly until cocoa has dissolved. Add more stevia if desired. Enjoy immediately.
Place milk, cocoa powder, and stevia in a blender. Blend on high for 15 seconds. If you like a lot of froth, blend for as much as 30 seconds (no longer or milk will get warm). Pour into a glass and add more stevia if desired. Enjoy immediately.
To help you stay healthy during the holidays, I am hosting a Balanced Body Breakthrough GIVEAWAY! Entering the giveaway will allow you to cook up the recipes above and try the NuNaturals high quality ALL NATURAL stevia sweetener for FREE. The Vanilla flavored stevia makes GREAT smoothies and baked goods, and the hot cocoa is the perfect treat for the holidays that wont pack on extra pounds. The to-go packets are perfect to throw in your purse for on the go use for if you find yourself out at work, or coffee with a friend and don’t have a healthy sweetener choice. Just pop out a packet and you’re good to go.
As a healthy holiday gift to you and to support the “Balanced Body Breakthrough” kickstart campaign, NuNaturals has generously offered a sweet giveaway package for Caroline Jordan Fitness readers. I’m able to award FOUR winners who will each receive the following:
- 1 bottle of Vanilla Flavored liquid stevia
- 1 bottle of NuNaturals Cocoa Syrup
- 1 50 packet box of our NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets ( great for on the go!)
- The retail value of all of the above items comes to $54.00… its a super sweet gift!
You can read more about NuNaturals in this post. Ive done my research – this sweet treat IS actually good for you! I want to help you savor the sweetness of the holidays. Heres how you can enter:
How To Enter the Super Sweet Holiday Giveaway:
- Visit and LIKE the NuNaturals Facebook page and the Caroline Jordan Fitness Facebook page.
- Support my “Balanced Body Breakthrough” book kickstart campaign by visiting my InkShares page and pre-ordering your copy for $9.99 : https://www.inkshares.com/projects/balanced-body-breakthrough
- I need to reach the goal of 750 pre-order copies to have my book published! Im almost to 200…. I SO appreciate your support!
- Share your “Balanced Body Breakthrough” book purchase on twitter or facebook with a tag to @Caroline Jordan Fitness. In your post or tweet tell me one way you practice BALANCE in your life and why you want to win “Caroline Jordan Fitness’s Super Sweet Holiday giveaway”!
THATS IT! Spend $9.99 and get $54.00 worth of goodies in return. Super Sweet Giveaway! So what are you waiting for? Get those entries in! FOUR of you will win!
* Contest is entry to contestants WORLDWIDE. Be aware no PO boxes are acceptable for shipping, so if you enter, please have a physical location where it can be shipped if you win. All ages welcome. Contest ends Sunday November 15th, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Four winners will be randomly chosen and announced Monday, November 16th, 2015 by 9 a.m. PST. Winners will also be notified via email by Monday, November 16th, 2015 by 9 a.m. PST*
Your body wants you to eat well. My “Balanced Body Breakthrough” book will give you the tools (and recipes!) to personalize your diet and have it HELP you instead of frustrate you. Eating healthy foods makes you feel better and have more energy, along with reducing digestion problems and mood swings. Healthy eating doesn’t mean deprivation, tasteless, or time consuming. It can be delicious, nourishing, and balanced with foods you love. Eating for energy means eating clean, eating regularly, and eating light. Be moderate with alcohol, stay away from emotional eating, and MOVE more! Within a short period of time your days and nights will not only be filled but fulfilled. Take action now: whip up one of the recipes above. Satisfy your holiday beverage sweet tooth with a nutritious and delicious choice.
Cheers to your health,
Other Things To Check Out This Week:
- SPECIAL EVENT. Industry Night at Studiomix San Francisco. The Studiomix team will be hosting a night of education, inspiration, and movement on Friday, November 13th from 5-9pm. This evening is free and open to all fitness professionals and enthusiasts. Energize, network, and celebrate with like-minded peers for an evening full of guest speakers, educational workshops, healthy bites & beverages, trunk shows, live DJ, and giveaways you won’t want to miss. Check out the awesome schedule of events and see more at: http://www.studiomix.com/health-fitness-industry-night/ . Ill be hosting a talk on called “Re-energize and Beat Burnout” in the Core studio from 7:30-8:15pm. I hope to see you there!
- For the month of November, I am doing a #30daysofgratitude challenge on instagram. Join me here.
- How I went from Burnout To Balance. My story HERE.