Start your day right with these healthy, fast, and easy breakfast ideas. Choose these foods for more energy, health, and fitness.
Are you too busy for breakfast? Not hungry in the morning for a meal? An only coffee till noon kinda girl? Well you may be doing your body a huge disservice by skipping out. Many miss breakfast to try and save time or even believe that eliminating breakfast will help them lose weight. WRONG! Skipping a morning meal will actually slow you down and make maintaining a healthy weight harder for you. Nobody’s body or brain likes going without fuel till lunchtime, forgetting breakfast will force your system into starvation mode and cause your metabolism to shut down. Even if you dont feel hungry, a little bit of nutrition in the morning goes a long way. Making time for breakfast and creating a morning meal habit could quite possibly be the routine that helps you maintain a healthy weight, feel great, and power up a full work day. Here are a few reasons a healthy breakfast is important:
Health Benefits of Breakfast
- It kick starts the metabolism – speeding it up, and therefore helping you burn more calories rather than storing them as fat.
- It boosts nutrient intake – breakfast eaters have a higher fiber intake and significantly higher intakes of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, iron and magnesium. That is of course if you choose to eat a nutritious breakfast rather than a coffee shop muffin 🙂
- It helps prevent binge eating – Ever go too long without eating and then overeat at the next opportunity of food? Eating a balanced breakfast will help regulate your hunger, keep blood sugar levels stable, and prevent you from bingeing on sugar, processed carbs, or other unhealthy foods. It also will help you end the late night eating habit that keeps so many from achieving their weight goals.
- It improves memory and concentration – people who eat a healthy breakfast concentrate better, are more efficient, and have an improved mood, in comparison to those who skip breakfast. Makes sense – when your brain gets fuel it USES it for power.
- Weight maintenance – people who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight. All the reasons above should help you see why breakfast is essential in boosting metabolism, preventing bingeing, and improving your body’s ability to perform.
It doesn’t take a lot to create a breakfast habit, in fact you can whip up a fabulous morning meal in less than 5 minutes. There are many fast, easy, breakfast ideas that don’t require a lot prep work or effort. Here are a few nutritious ideas to get you started on brainstorming a few breakfast ideas that work for your busy mornings on the go.
Healthy, Fast, and Easy Breakfast Ideas To Power you Up for Your Busy Successful Life:
- Overnight Oatmeal. I make this the night before and its ready to go in the morning. Im addicted and love all my flavorful toppings! Click here for my growing overnight oatmeal recipe. I use these gluten free oats: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats, 32 Oz
- Sliced banana mixed up with 2 tbsp of almond butter and a sprinkling of toasted shredded coconut.
- All Natural Protein Bar with less than 15g sugar (you gotta watch out for sugar!)
- Green Protein Smoothie. Another great way to boost your nutrition at the beginning of the day. Click here for a sampling of some of my favorite Green smoothie recipes.
- Natural yoghurt with a sliced apple, berries, and a teaspoon of ground flaxseeds on top.
- Blackberries mixed up with ricotta, ½ teaspoon honey and grated lemon zest.
- Swiss muesli – combine 2 cups of rolled oats, and 1 cup milk of choice, cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning add 2 grated apples, 1/4 chopped hazelnuts, and 200g of natural yoghurt and a drizzle of honey, mix well (serves 4).
- Egg Whites + half an avocado + berries. Takes 15 minutes and its amazing!
- Toast + an avocado + tomatoes. Another quick, out the door meal.
- Sliced tomatoes topped with cheese and grilled, served with a hard-boiled egg.
- A egg fried in coconut oil and served with sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach.
- Large lettuce leaf filled with grilled bacon, a little cottage cheese, tomatoes and spinach, roll up and eat.
- Fruit smoothie. Great option if you arent down with green drinks yet 😉 Add a handful of berries, half a frozen banana, a large handful of spinach and a cup of milk to the blender with one teaspoon of ground flaxseeds.
- Dried fruit and mixed nuts. For those of you who arent as hungry in the morning or on the go, this may be a good option for you! Portion out a serving in a plastic bag and eat on the way to work with a thermos cup of milk, green juice, etc.
- Breakfast ‘burrito’ – scrambled eggs, chopped tomatoes (or salsa), and a little grated cheese, wrap up in big lettuce leaf and eat.
- Cottage cheese mixed with sliced fresh pineapple.
- Kippers or smoked salmon with cooked tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Fresh figs halved and wrapped in prosciutto slices.
- Scrambled tofu, with onions, and peppers, a dash of light soy sauce, and stir-fry with a little olive oil, serve with a small bowl of mixed berries.
- Lean ham or turkey rolled up in a lettuce leaf with grated cheese and a dollop of salsa.
- Sliced melon tossed in a bowl with the pulp of one passionfruit, topped with natural yoghurt, and a handful of chopped nuts.
- Protein blobs: 1 cup natural peanut butter, 4 scoops of whey protein powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract – put everything into a bowl and mix, or use a food processor. Then form into balls and roll in crushed nuts or coconut (optional). Makes about 14. I use this all natural protein powder.
- Vanilla chia pudding – add 13.5 oz can of coconut milk, 4 tbsp honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon to a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously. Then, add 1/4 cup chia seeds and shake again. Place in the fridge and wait for roughly 30 minutes for the mixture to set. Make the night before for a quick breakfast next morning (recipe source).
You think you feel good without breakfast…. imagine how great you’ll feel WITH it. Carve out 5 minutes in the evening to prep a nutritious breakfast for yourself for the morning. Grab and go and you are out the door with more energy than a superhero.
What is your #1 healthy, fast, and easy breakfast? Leave your favorite morning meal as a comment below, Id love to hear from you! And as always, if you liked this post, please share it with your friends on Facebook, twitter, or email.
Want to build a balanced body? Check out my book, Balanced Body Breakthrough and get your mind, body, and spirit in great shape so you can love your life.
I put my heart and soul into my wellness programs and customize my services to benefit the unique needs of the company and the individuals within it. If you are interested in scheduling a consultation to discuss ways we can work with together and improve the health of your company, contact me at: email@example.com
Other Things To Check Out:
- Since people always ask: this is my favorite protein powder. Its all natural, plant based, low in sugar, and tastes delicious!
- Why your diet is making you fat.
- Best guided foam rolling exercise videos on youtube