Celebrate fall with this delicious Grain Free Pumpkin Spice “No’Oatmeal” Recipe. This quick and delicious Paleo breakfast is sure to become your new favorite.
One of the biggest barriers many of my coaching clients have to eating well is the idea that it takes too much time or effort. But with a little preparation and know how, cooking healthy can actually SAVE time (and money!). I’ve found ways to make healthy cooking quick, efficient, and easy. I actually prefer to cook my own meals because I can control the ingredients and find that the dishes I prepare are far more delicious than takeout.
If you’ve been following my Instagram stories, you know I love to post videos of my cooking adventures and healthy recipes. I want to help people see how easy healthy cooking can be. With fall in full form, Ive been creating a lot of recipes with featured fall ingredients. I love roasted butternut squash, root vegetables, and EVERYTHING pumpkin (I mean, who doesn’t?).
This Grain Free Pumpkin spice “No’Oatmeal” recipe is one of my favorite fall breakfasts. Its quick and so easy to make, I could recite the recipe in my sleep. Ive had so many friends and clients ask me for the recipe, I wanted to share it here with you.
Coconut flour and shredded coconut form the grain-like base of this grain free breakfast. It’s not exactly the same texture as oatmeal—especially if you’re used to the chewy texture of steel cut oats or old fashioned oats—but it’s got the hot breakfast cereal feeling to it. And it totally hit the spot.
Pin It, Bookmark It, and Share It! This grain free pumpkin spice “no’oatmeal” will soon become your favorite way to wake up.
Grain Free Pumpkin Spice “No’Oatmeal” Recipe
Servings: depends on how hungry you are! Id say 2-4
- One Can of Pumpkin
- One banana
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (the Lets Do Organic brand is my favorite)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (I like the thicker pieces, but the thin works just as well)
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1-2 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs ginger
- 1 tbs salt (optional)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (make sure the kind you get has NO additives – this is the brand I buy).
- 1 cup water (depends on how long you cook it – but I cook mine longer so I add more water because the coconut flour thickens with longer cooking time)
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- blueberries, fresh fruit, or your favorite toppings
- Mash up banana with a fork
- Combine the pumpkin puree, banana, coconut flour, shredded coconut, water, coconut milk, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a medium size saucepan over low heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened to the consistency of oatmeal. I find that if you cook it longer you need MORE liquid because the coconut flour thickens. Sometimes I add as much as 4 cups of liquid (water + coconut milk) when I cook!
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with blueberries, coconut flakes, maple syrup, coconut milk—whatever makes you happy!
- Save your leftovers! This is a GREAT meal prep recipe—think of it like overnight oats, but without the oats! Double or triple the recipe and then grab-and-go before work or school. You can eat it cold or microwave it for a few minutes.
Leave me a comment below if you try this grain free pumpkin spice no’oatmeal recipe and let me know what you think! I cant wait to have it tomorrow morning for breakfast.
Have you tried grain free oatmeal before? What is your favorite quick, easy recipe that celebrates Fall?
Not sure what the best diet is for you? As a certified fitness nutrition specialist, I can help. Contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org for coaching – lets set you up with an eating plan that gives you results.
Cheers to your health,
Other things to check out: