Seated aerobics is a great way to train your cardiovascular system and get fit all without standing up. Read on to learn more about seated aerobics and get started.
You don’t need to be able to run — or even walk — to get a heart-pumping, total-body cardio workout. If your mobility is limited because of an illness or injury, you can still keep your heart and lungs in good shape, and lose weight, with seated aerobics. Heres how to get started.
Benefits of seated aerobics
I love creating new, exciting seated aerobics routines for my youtube subscribers. Im always trying to come up with a variety of exercises to help participants challenge their cardiovascular system and see results from our chair workouts. As a health coach, I help my people recover from injuries or find unique ways to stay fit with different physical challenges (arthritis, disabilities, and more). Working with a variety of populations, levels, and abilities helps me understand what works and what doesn’t. After many years of experience, Ive uncovered the best seated aerobics exercises that work the whole body from a chair. There are a variety of health benefits you can get from participating in seated aerobics. Some include:
- Improved strength and muscle tone.
- Improved range of motion.
- Better cardiovascular fitness and circulation.
- Better cognitive function.
- Potential to reduce pain.
- Better mood.
- Better sleep.
- Improved bone density.
The best part is, seated aerobics can be done from home and at ANY time. This means there are no barriers to get moving! You can press play on this seated aerobics workout and start getting fit right now!
Before you get started with Seated Aerobics
Whether you are doing seated aerobics at home or in a group class, its important to follow these guidelines for safe exercise:
- Talk with a doctor before starting the program
- Drink water before, during and after exercising
- Use a sturdy chair that doesn’t have arm rests and is not a folding chair or on wheels
- When sitting in the chair, knees should be at a 90 degree angle
- If you are in a wheelchair, set the brakes or immobilize the wheels
- While exercising, sit up tall and use the abs to keep good posture
- If you have high blood pressure, check the level before exercising and do not do movements that use weights
- If you have diabetes or takes medication that can cause hypoglycemia, test your blood sugar level of the body before and after exercising
- If you are recovering from an injury, do not do ANY movements that put pressure on your injury. Modify the exercises as needed and stay safe always.
- Listen to your body and move mindfully! Stay focused on proper form and movement.
Seated Aerobics exercises
In this seated aerobics workout you will sample a variety of different chair based exercises including: arm jumping jacks, cross body punch, diagonal reach, tick press, bicep curl and kick, “boxer shuffle”, chair jumping jack, chair march, chair back fly, chair kicks, and more. In the video, we try to do the exercises back-to-back with as little rest as you need to keep your heart rate up for the maximum benefits. The best way to learn seated aerobics exercises is to follow my guidance and use a seated aerobics workout video routine like the one below to get started. I created this video to lead you through a seated aerobics workout all from the comfort of your own home! Grab a sturdy chair and get ready to have fun. All you have to do is press play.
Seated Aerobics workout. Full length seated aerobics fitness routine.
Great job with that seated aerobics workout! How do you feel? Id love hear from you in the comments below.
If you liked this video, please support the channel by hitting “LIKE” and the “SUBSCRIBE” button. Your support helps fuel future content and a more powerful impact in the health of the planet.
For even MORE, check out the Hurt Foot Fitness Coaching program for a huge library of videos, workouts, and lifestyle exercises to help you have a variety of low impact workouts for incredible results. Learn more here.
And if you are looking for workout videos you can download to take with you anywhere: Check out my full length, downloadable workout videos here.
Thanks for a great seated aerobics workout my friend! I cant wait to share more feel good fitness with you on the youtube channel soon. You can also contact me for virtual coaching and then we can do even better seated aerobics workouts together on your own schedule 😉
Love and endorphins,
Other things to check out: