This 5 minute abs workout routine leaves no core muscle behind. Your stomach will be shaking by the end, but it’ll be worth it! All you need is a mat and 5 minutes!
Hi My friend!
Think you cant get a good abs workout in 5 minutes? Then you havent met me yet 😉 I just published a “5 minute abs workout” on my Youtube channel that is full of the most effective exercises for a stronger core. Doing this quick routine on a CONSISTENT basis will help you maintain active abs and all the health benefits that come with it.
What are the benefits of strong abs? Many of us equate core strength with a flat belly or six-pack abs. And while those may be motivating goals, there are so many more benefits that come from improving core strength than how your midsection looks, including improved posture, better balance, reduced back pain and easier breathing.
Because many of your body’s movements originate from your center, working toward improving its strength will enhance your posture, spinal alignment, stability and more. Researchers continue to study the various ways core strength improves health and wellbeing. Here are a few of the proven benefits of having strong ab muscles :
5 Minute Abs Workout Benefits:
- Alleviates Back Pain: Research shows that people with weak core muscles have an increased risk of back ache and injury, since they lack adequate spine support. The core-strengthening exercises in this 5 minute abs workout routine, can help reduce discomfort, improve mobility and improve support for the spine in people with both acute and chronic pain.
- Improves Posture: The core-strengthening exercises in this 5 minute abs workout use all of the muscles of the torso from top to bottom and front to back, helping you stand tall with your limbs in alignment. By improving posture you decrease your risk of disc herniation and vertebrae degeneration. Another benefit to better posture? Better breathing. That same balance that helps you stand up straight also opens your airway, making inhalations and exhalations easier.
- Better Athletic Performance: You’d be hard-pressed to find a sport that doesn’t rely on core strength for performance. Your core is the link between your upper and lower body, it is what allows a golfer to swing the club to strike his ball, or a tennis player to serve and optimize her racquet speed. It’s critical to sports performance.
- Improved Balance: Studies have shown that dynamic balance improves as core strength increases.
- Safer Everyday Movement: Daily tasks—such as maintaining balance on an icy sidewalk, carrying groceries, hoisting children and walking up a steep flight of stairs—are easier and less likely to result in an injury when your abs are strong. Not only do you have better control of your muscles, but you can more easily find your center if you’re caught off-balance. In addition, being able to rely on a strong core will make it less likely that you’ll overtax other muscles.
The best part is, it doesnt take a lot of time to maintain core fitness. In just 5 minutes, I’ll teach you the best routine to do on a weekly basis to keep your ab fitness (and all of its amazing benefits). This workout moves on an interval timer, youll have 30 seconds to complete each exercise before moving on to the next one. This 5 minute abs workout is great for all athletic abilities because you can take it fast or slow and move at a pace that is right for you. Here are the exercises Ill lead you through in this 5 minute abs workout video:
5 minute abs workout at home exercises:
- Seated mini sit up 30 seconds
- Lower leg drop with jack 30 seconds
- Total body crunch 30 seconds
- Back extension 30 seconds
- Side plank with hip dips x2 1 min.
- Bicycle 30 seconds
- Hollow body hold 30 seconds
- Russian twist 30 seconds
- Center plank 30 seconds
*Remember to be sure to get your doctor and/or physical therapists’ clearance first before trying this or any exercise routine. Always to listen to your body during the workout and modify or skip any movements that don’t work for you.*
Ready to rock and roll? Bring out your mat and press play on this quick 5 minute ab workout video for better posture, performance, and quality of life!
5 minute abs workout at home exercise video:
WOW that was fun and effective! Great job! How do you feel?
If you try this 5 minute abs workout at home, you have to let me know how you feel in the comments here. Please consider pressing “SUBSCRIBE” and “LIKE”, your support helps the channel grow so I can make more videos to help you!
Remember no matter what, every day life gives you a chance to kick butt. Love sweating with you, keep up the good work!
Other things to check out: