Ground your mind and body with this 30 minute Chair Yoga For Injury Class. Perfect for all levels and abilities, this routine a great way to relax from head to toe without the stress of weight bearing. This Chair yoga for Injury class can help you stay active when recovering from an injury or when sneaking in a few stretches at the office. Press play and give your body a feel good Chair Yoga flow that will lengthen your muscles and calm your mind in minutes.
You can also contact me for virtual coaching and then we can do workouts together on your own schedule 😉
Hi My Friend,
How is your body feeling today? Are you feeling stiff, tight, or tense? How is your mindset? Tired, stressed, or depressed? I’ve got just the thing to help you feel better fast – and you dont even have to get up from your seat.
When I was healing from my Sesamoid foot injury, one of the things I missed the most was taking my weekly vinyasa flow yoga class. I couldn’t be barefoot (or weight bearing!) and it made me sad to not go to my favorite yoga studio to flow with all my friends. So, I did the next best thing…. I developed a Vinyasa yoga class I COULD do – a non-weight bearing routine that felt equally amazing. I’d light a candle, set my intention to practice, start with a few settling breaths, and then MOVE my body in a way that it liked.
If you are healing from an injury or dealing with a physical challenge that keeps you from things you love…. I GET IT. Ive been there. And some of the things I loved Ive lost for good (looking at you running). But instead of feeling sad, I shift my thinking. I havent LOST running or heated power vinyasa flow yoga classes…. Ive just traded them in for other things. Swimming, pilates, strength training, and creating youtube videos for my friends are now my JAM. Instead of sitting around being sad about the things Ive lost, instead I celebrate the things Ive GAINED. My foot injury brought chair cardio, floor workouts, and my Hurt Foot Fitness Coaching Program (hi members, you guys ROCK!) into this world. And those things have been such blessings in my life. So Im grateful for the challenge of change and what Ive discovered because of it. If you are going through similar life changes, I encourage you to find the same. When you FLOW with life’s changes it’s such a happier way to live. And you know what? Life will change again! Youll find more activities you love and come across more surprises that will add color to your world. You never know what life has in store for you…. and when you make the best of what you’ve got now, you end up finding more.
So I hope this Chair Yoga For Injury class reminds you of your strength and your ability to FLOW with life. I loved filming it for you and I hope you can feel that love coming through each Warrior 2. I cant wait to hear what you think! Grab a seat, put the phone on do not disturb, and press the video below to get moving now.
Chair Yoga For Injury Benefits:
Yoga has been shown to improve overall health, prevent and (even in some cases) reverse disease when practiced regularly as a lifestyle. With this in mind, it’s no surprise that it can therefore lend its benefits to those with mobility issues. Here are some of them:
- Improved Strength. You can build strength and fitness from a regular Chair Yoga practice. Just try this video below and tell me how your upper body strength improves from our chair chaturanguas!
- Improved Flexibility. Chair yoga can help people with mobility issues improve their flexibility so that they can keep up with daily life activities.
- Improved proprioception. Chair yoga can improve proprioception, which is the skill of knowing where your body is in space, and coordinating your movements accurately. This is particularly important for elderly people and can prevent falls. For people with disabilities or conditions such as MS, it may mean having greater control over your body and its movements.
- Reduced stress and improved mental clarity. Chair yoga can lessen the impact of chronic illnesses and pain. It can also help people cope with feelings of isolation, anxiety, and depression. Being calmer and more relaxed inevitably leads to a greater feeling of happiness and well-being.
- Improved stress and pain management. The practice of Chair Yoga includes breath work, which can help people not only with stress management but also with coping and managing pain. Through meditation and paying attention to your breath, you can help your body and mind to cope with the pain of an illness or condition you may suffer with.
Motivated to move yet? Take a seat and give this sweet Chair Yoga for Injury routine a try. In this video you will move through a sequence of seated yoga postures like seated warrior two, seated side angle, seated spine twist, and seated forward fold.
Before starting any new physical activity, you should consult your healthcare provider. These poses are suitable for most people, including seniors, those living with chronic pain and those who use a wheelchair. But ALWAYS check with your doctor before starting this or any exercise routine. Listen to your body and move mindfully.
Yoga For Injury Exercises:
- Sun Salute Warm Up x5
- Side body stretch – Side body stretch with triceps
- Shoulder stretches forward and back
- Seated Cat Cow
- Side body stretch with side leg reach
- Warrior 2 Flow – Side angle to reverse warrior to warrior 2
- Warrior 1 on side of chair – hinge forward – lean into half moon
- Seated Gomucasna leg cross over arm cross over. Forward bend and seated twist
- Seated pigeon – forward fold
- Goddess pose – reach arms up and down
- Goddess pose with side bend
- Seated wide leg forward fold
- Seated twist
Get ready to stretch your muscles, calm your mind, and exhale the stress away. Press play.
Yoga For Injury Video Routine: 30 minute class
If you try this chair yoga for injury routine, you have to let me know how you feel in the comments here. Please consider pressing “SUBSCRIBE” and “LIKE”, your support helps the channel grow so I can make more videos to help you!
When life throws you a challenge or an obstacle, take it one day and one breath at a time. If you can breathe, you can handle anything. And I’m always here for you my friend.
My mission is to help you use movement as medicine for mental and physical wellbeing. Check out my list of services, stay connected about upcoming events, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ways we can work together and live well.
Other Things To Check Out:
- After Work Pilates Routine to Re-Lengthen and Re-Energize Your Body.
- How To Get A Summer Six Pack! Fast, Effective Ab Exercise Routine That Works.
- Best Seated Office Exercises For Energy and Performance
- Over 40 grams of Protein In the Morning. My Favorite Healthy Breakfast Recipe.
- “Baby You’re A Star” No Impact Floor Barre Workout. 30 Minute Long & Lean Routine