Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your first steps in the morning. Read on to learn simple things you can do to heal plantar fasciitis and the best all natural supplements for pain relief. And be sure to enter in a special giveaway simply by treating your heel pain with LuckyVitamin!
Did you know one in 10 people will struggle with Plantar Fasciitis at some point in their lifetime? Just about 10% of the population will suffer from this devastating heel pain.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis (pronounced plantar fash-ee-eye-tis) can be literally translated as “foot inflammation, and is the result of strain, inflammation or damage to one of the most important ligaments in the foot – the plantar fascia. When you have plantar fasciitis you feel pain in your heel and it can range from sharp pain to dull, its a pesky achy soreness that limits your activity.
Best All Natural Treatments and Supplements to Heal Plantar Fasciitis
What can you do to treat Plantar Fasciitis?
- Meet with a podiatrist. Get custom orthotics and shoe recommendations for your unique body’s needs.
- Work with a physical therapist. Learn about your body, your muscular imbalances, and get the right corrective exercise plan to help you get out of chronic foot pain and back into active living.
- Do the right foot exercises (I have a whole Youtube playlist to guide you!)
- Fix Your diet. In order to fix your heel pain ASAP, you need to have a solid diet. I strongly recommend following a low sugar, nutrient rich diet when healing from your injury. Numerous studies show that sugar can be addictive, cause inflammation, lead to a number of devastating illnesses, and delay your body’s ability to heal. My Hurt Foot Healing Diet and guide is the program where I give you a diet meal plan specifically designed for healing. If you want to recover and feel your best,I highly recommend investing in this diet course.
What are the best all natural supplements for Plantar Fasciitis?
While you cannot replace the need for good rest and a high-quality orthotic for healing Plantar Fasciitis, natural supplements and a diet rich in vitamins and minerals can help you to regain foot health more quickly. The supplements below can give you amazing results ONLY if you have a clean diet like the one I teach you in the My Hurt Foot Healing Diet and guide. Investing in these all natural supplements may make a significant difference in pain relief from Plantar Fasciitis
- Turmeric. Turmeric has long been revered in natural medicine for its ability to fight inflammation and reduce pain, making it great for plantar fasciitis. Numerous studies have indicated that the anti-inflammatory effects of the curcumin found in turmeric are comparable to those found in prescription drugs such as hydrocortisone, phenylbutazone and over-the-counter pain killers. Turmeric can be taken in capsule form, as a tea, and as a lotion applied topically to the plantar fascia area. Here is my preferred high quality turmeric supplement – its soy free!
- Bromelian. Bromelain is derived from pineapples and is considered a powerful anti-inflammatory substance. It also aids digestion and nutrient absorption. Studies have found bromelain to be as effective as ibuprofen and aspirin in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with Plantar Fasciitis. I took Bromelian when recovering from my Wisdom Tooth surgeryas well as Sesamoid Injury. The Bromelian from Solaray is 100% natural so its what I buy for my own use.
- Electrolytes and hydration.Dehydration is known to cause more muscular pain and often our bodies are deprived of water! Many of the members of my Hurt Foot Fitness Coaching programhave found that simply adding more water and using electrolyte powders to aid in hydration has helped them with plantar fasciitis pain reduction. I prefer the Ultima Electrolyte powder packs because they are so easy to use on-the-go and come in different flavors. But Ive also used the NUUN electrolyte tabs and find those work well too!
- Vitamin D. Evidence suggests that a vitamin D deficiency often plays a role in delayed healing. I recommend taking 5,000 IUs of vitamin D twice a day as well as trying to get some sunshine. Luckily we have a food based supplement that supplies both of these nutrients in safe amounts, the NOW brand is the supplementI take because it is the highest potency.
- Calcium. Adequate daily intake of calcium may prevent the development of heel spurs – bony, calcium protrusions that form on the heel as a result of Plantar Fasciitis. Heel spurs prod the soft tissues cushioning the heel bone, worsening pain. In addition to eating calcium rich foods, I like to take a calcium supplement to ensure I’m getting enough, this is my preferred supplement for calcium because its food based.
- Magnesium. Magnesium is also a vital nutrient in managing plantar fasciitis and foot health. The body needs magnesium in order to properly absorb calcium. Magnesium supplements are safe if they are ionic solutions. Chelated forms are the next best thing. Click here to see the brands I recommend.
- Vitamin C. Current medical studies indicate that people with good levels of bioflavonoids have lower amounts of C-reactive proteins – culprits linked to a variety of inflammatory diseases, cancers and other illnesses. By consuming vitamin C with bioflavonoids, you will be directly addressing the inflammation present in Plantar Fasciitis. Vitamin C can be of course consumed through a healthy diet, or you can choose to add in an additional supplement like this one from Source Naturals (which is hypoallergenic and soy free!)
- Arnica is a plant with a long history of use in the treatment of sprains, bruises and muscle strains. The compound found in the arnica plant is helenalin – an anti-inflammatory substance which has been shown to inhibit the production of inflammatory agents and to reduce bruising and swelling. Arnica also dilates capillaries, drawing increased blood flow into the treated area. Arnica should not be taken internally. It can be applied topically in the form of a cream, lotion or tincture to the sole of the foot to reduce the inflammation associated with heel pain and Plantar Fasciitis. You can take arnica orally as a tablet or choose to use the gel topically on your feet. I usually get the value pack because it comes with both!
How can LuckyVitamin help you treat Plantar Fasciitis?
Treating Plantar Fasciitis can get expensive, but thanks to LuckyVitamin you can save big on these all natural supplements for pain relief. With the LuckyVitamin membership program you’ll get EXTRA discounts on all your wellness essentials, free shipping on orders $25+, a personal certified wellness consultant to help guide you in the right products for you, free gifts plus so much more. And for a limited time only, when you become a member, you’ll automatically get entered to win a $1000 gift card or a one year supply of Nutiva products! You can learn more at : www.LuckyVitamin.com/LVplus and start saving right away on real supplements to help your foot pain.
I want to help support you on your journey toward wellness and healthy feet so Im running a special LuckyVitamin Giveaway! The giveaway runs from April 29th-May 6th 2019 and the theme = HEAL your FOOT PAIN. It’s not just about taking the right steps on the outside, you need to take the right steps on the INSIDE. And that means eating a healthy diet, taking high quality supplements, and working on your inner self (mental strength, stress, resilience, and connection) to heal. They both go hand and hand!! Healing takes WORK and commitment, but it IS possible and you CAN DO IT. Heres what you can win if you enter:
- 3 lucky people can win a FREE LuckyVitamin membership valued at $49.95 per year
- This giveaway was sponsored by LuckyVitamin.This is a one time giveaway and winners will be announced by May 7, 2019. Anyone who becomes an LV+ member through 5/31/19 is also automatically entered to win a $1000 gift card or one year supply of Nutiva products (I want this prize! See terms and conditions here) I can’t wait to share these healing supplements with you!
TO ENTER ON YOUTUBE:
- Subscribe to the LuckyVitamin and Caroline Jordan Fitness Youtube channels
- Leave a comment on this video ~ What makes your feet feel the best!?! ~
- Ill announce a winner on May 7, 2019
- Have fun and lets get your feet back in ACTION!!
TO ENTER ON INSTAGRAM:
- Follow me @carolinejordanfitness& @luckyvitamin
- Comment on my post ~ What makes your feet feel the best!?! ~
- Tag a friend and join in
- Ill announce a winner on May 7, 2019
- Have fun and lets get your feet back in ACTION!!
The pain of Plantar Fasciitis can become debilitating if left untreated. If you are experiencing heel pain that does not resolve itself within a few days, I recommend making an appointment with your doctor. But hopefully with the above steps and healthy all natural supplements, you’ll be able to take a proactive approach to getting rid of pain and helping your feet feel healthy again!
Here’s to keeping your feet healthy and active for life,
Other things to check out:
- ankle exercises for injury recovery and injury prevention
- IT Band exercises for pain relief
- Hurt Foot Yoga Routine
Disclaimer: The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by LuckyVitamin.com or the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.