Sculpt long, lean dancer muscles with Ballet Pilates! This workout video will train you like a Ballet Dancer for total body fitness.
You can also contact me for virtual coaching and then we can do workouts together on your own schedule 😉
As you may or may not know, I danced Ballet for most life. I started when I was 3 years old and went on to dance all the way through college, I even earned my Bachelor’s in Dance and Communications from UCDavis! Dance is a huge part of my life and has continued to influence me in my workouts and training to this day. I love to focus on posture, core stability, and functional strength. Plus I always enjoy putting on a show and PERFORM for my Youtube workouts. This Ballet Pilates workout video was inspired by my years of dance training and many of the moves we did when warming up for our dance rehearsals. In this ballet pilates workout you will strengthen and shape lean, long muscles for a strong dancer’s physique. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it for you and I hope its a video you can return to to feel good!
The outfit for this workout video was sponsored by Yvette Sports. Ive linked the items that Im wearing in this video below for you to check out : a Low Impact Sports bra and the Anywhere Mesh leggings. I LOVE them! Lucky for you Yvette Sports has generously offered 10% off discount on their activewear for Caroline Jordan Fitness Youtube Subscribers.
Use the code above to redeem your 10% off discount and order your own super sleek fitness gear! I hope you love Yvette Sports as much as I do!
But if you are ready to get sweaty like a ballerina baby – its time to SHINE with a Ballet Pilates exercise routine. Here are the moves you’ll do in this video:
Ballet Pilates Exercises
- Footwork series
- Spine in neutral and back flat
- Bridge with heel raise
- bridge with alternating foot raise
- parallel press
- first position press
- frog legs in to extension out
- Corework series
- Pilates roll up
- Knees in and out
- Legs low and crisscross kick
- Bicycle crunch with alternating leg lift
- Leg drop in turnout
- Star crunch
- V sit with portebra arms
- V sit twist with portebra arms and leg lift
- Ballet plank with arm reach
- Thigh series
- side lying hot potato
- side lying inner thigh develope
- side lying knee up and down (rotate from hip)
- lift body off the floor and crisscross the legs
- Back and arm series
- Upper back reach with portebra arms
- Upper back reach with alternating arm press
- Arms out to the side: kick leg for three then do a press-up
- kneeling swan arms
- Butt and hamstrings
- Kneeling all fours: brush the floor with the foot
- pointed butt lift
- knee to nose kick
- leg lift back circles both ways
- turn knee out donkey kick
- knee in to elbow kick back
- hip circles both directions
- hip stretch
- Ballet stretch exercises
- Lunge with reach
- Quad stretch
- Hamstring stretch
- Ankle stretch
As always, please check with your doctor or physical therapist before starting this or any exercise routine. Honor your body, move mindfully, and modify as needed! Ready to go? Roll out your mat, tie your hair in a bun (ballerina pun 😉 ) And lets go!
Ballet Pilates Workout Video
If you liked this video and found it helpful, be sure to hit LIKE, subscribe to the channel, and share this video with someone who could benefit from this ballet pilates routine too!
Whew! Im still sweating in the BEST way. Id love to hear if you try this routine and what you think below in the comments. And dont forget to SUBSCRIBE to the Youtube channel: it helps me and the channel GROW to create more feel good fitness just for you.
Love and Ballet,
Other things to check out:
- Floor Exercises: Total Body Workout (Arms, Abs, Butt, Thighs)
- Instant Relief For Upper Back Pain and Shoulder Pain (Knots and Tight Muscles)
- Hamstring Exercises at home: no equipment routine.