“How Do I Get A Six Pack?” is one of the most common questions I am asked. As a Fitness Professional, my job is to help teach you what you need to learn to achieve your goals and feel good in your skin. With summer around the corner, I am here to help you feel confident and fit in your swimsuit. Here are my top tips to getting a summer Six Pack and feeling your very best.
When it comes to “Six Pack” abs there is really no secret, no extreme quick fix, or fancy treatment. It all comes down to a clean diet, consistent fitness routine, strength training, and living a stress free lifestyle. Here are my top fitness tips to help you get a slimmer stomach come summer. With a little sweat, dedication, and smart training and you’ll feel swimsuit ready in no time.
Top Tips On How To Get A Six Pack and Feel Confident In Your Swimsuit.
- Healthier diet = more defined stomach. There is no way of getting around it: abs are made in the kitchen. You can workout all you want, but if your diet is not on point, you won’t see results. In order to burn fat and reveal your washboard, six pack abs, it is important to eat a balanced diet that is made up of protein, healthy fats, and some carbohydrates. Protein is an essential building block to ab muscle definition; you can read my Protein 101 post to make sure you are getting enough to fuel the abs you want. Calculating the right amount of carbohydrates to eat can be tricky, avoid processed carbohydrates and be mindful of how much you eat in balance with everything else. Also be sure your diet has healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats such as fish oils, nuts, and olive oil. Dietary fat in your diet will kelp keep insulin levels stable, which will help prevent you from gaining additional body fat (and actually help you burn more fat than a low fat diet will). Include plenty of color and raw vegetables with each meal. Vegetables are jam packed with tons of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals which are all essential for building a lean body and ripped six pack abs. Be mindful with alcohol and sugar. The cleaner your diet the more defined your six pack! Read more of my “beat the Belly Bloat” tips here.
- Build lean muscle definition with Strength Training. All cardio and no weights makes you a “skinny fat” (and injury prone!) fitness fanatic. Not only does strength training help you see lean muscle definition, it boosts your metabolism increasing your calorie burn 24-7. Unlike fat, muscle is metabolically active in the body. Replace 10 pounds of fat with 10 pounds of lean muscle and you can burn an additional 25 to 50 calories a day without even trying. This “afterburn” effect is the metabolism boost needed to maintain a healthy weight overtime. With just two strength sessions a week, you can reduce overall body fat by about 3 percent in just 10 weeks, without cutting a single calorie from your diet. That translates to as much as three inches total off your waist and hips – giving your body and stomach a leaner, stronger appearance. If you want Six Pack abs you need to Strength Train. Aim to add in 2-3 strength training workouts to your week. It doesn’t need to take much time and can be done along with cardio days if needed to work with your schedule. You can learn how to build a complete balanced strength training program and get effective workouts that WORK with my Strong Body Program.It will teach you how to build a strength training plan custom fit to you so that you can get the metabolism boosting and weight loss benefits of strength training. Plus its FUN!
Get Smarter About Cardio. You’ve probably heard that the best way to burn fat is to do long duration cardio at a slow to medium pace. This is average advice for average results. Yes, it’s absolutely important to vary your cardio intensities throughout the week and there’s no need to hit the gym hard everyday. But interval workouts can provide a better fat burn effect in less time. That’s why interval workouts feel so hard – they ARE hard because they WORK! Try out some of my invigorating interval workouts next time your fitness routine gets stale and you need to break through a cardio plateau to see your Six Pack appear.
- De-Stress. When you are stressed out (and let’s face it – that happens more often than you want it), your body releases cortisol. It’s a steroid hormone which is often referred to as “stress hormone”. High doses of cortisol over a prolonged period of time result in fat storage and muscle breakdown – the last things you want to happen to you when trying to burn fat and show off your Six Pack abs. Chapter 8 in my book Balanced Body Breakthrough teaches you how to manage stress and provides endless tools you can use to get rid of stress for a healthier body and mindset.
- Don’t just do crunches! Work your entire core with high quality, effective exercises. To really get a Six Pack, want to incorporate different core strengthening moves that work your abs from all angles. Here are a few things to remember when working your core:
- A good workout goal is to aim for 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps per exercise. If the exercise is a plank, try for 2-3 sets of holding for 30-60 seconds and gradually build your time as you increase your fitness.
- Give your abs at least 48 hours of recovery time before working them again. Train abs like crazy and the muscles will continue to tear with each workout session and wont have adequate time to repair and grow back leaner and stronger.
- Focus on Quality over Quantity. A plank done with good form will get you much further than thousands of fast, sloppy crunches. It also can help to do core work at the beginning of the workout. That way you’ll have the energy to perform each ab exercise with quality and energy and you wont be tempted to skip out on it early.
- Challenge yourself with functional core moves. When it comes to training your core, choose exercises that are functional (help you perform better in daily life) and challenge you to grow stronger. Planks, V ups, and “hollow rocks” are a few of my favorites.
To get your stomach ready for summer, I’ve filmed a Six Pack Ab workout routine video just for you. This workout includes some of the all time most effective exercises for shaping Six Pack abs. In this power packed Summer Six Pack ab routine, you will work your abs from all angles for the ultimate core conditioning experience. This video includes the following exercises:
- Hip flexor stretch
- “Dead Bug”
- Backwards bicycle crunch
- Bridge kick
- Side plank hip dip
- Center plank
- Mountain Climber hold
- Reverse curl frog kick
- Flutter kicks
- Victory V Sit hold
Do this effective Six Pack ab workout routine 2-3 times a week. Combine it with a clean diet, consistent cardio, smart strength training, stress reduction, and sleep, and you will see dramatic results within a few weeks. Are you ready for more definition in your core and feeling your best all summer? Press play on this quick, effective Six Pack ab workout now.
How To Get A Summer Six Pack! Fast, Effective Ab Exercise Routine That Works.
Don’t waste your time doing crunches and hoping for results. Train smart with effective Six Pack ab exercises that work! For a full plan on how to build a strong body enroll in my Strong Body Program and get the best workouts to sculpt a lean physique and feel good in your skin. Leave me a comment below and let me know how you feel after you try this video. I hope this Six Pack ab workout routine serves you in feeling your very best and having an amazing Summer full of health.
Did you LIKE this video? Hit LIKE, SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel and share it with your friends! Lets build our positive community online and help others enjoy feel good fitness.
Love and planks,
Buy my Book to get your body in great shape so you can LOVE your life
My mission is to help you develop a positive relationship to self and exercise that adds to the quality of your life. Check out my list of services, stay connected about upcoming events by subscribing to my email newsletter, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ways we can work together and live well.
Other Things To Check Out: